Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

replacement site assistance needed

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by billybobber, Feb 19, 2011.

1. billybobber

billybobber Canby Member

So I just bought myself (and my wife) a Springfeild XD45 for our home defence weapon, now I want to upgrade the sites, would anyone have reccomendations for sites and a smith to install them?

2. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

what kind of SIGHTS (sorry a pet peeve of mine...) are you looking for? Night sights?

3. billybobber

billybobber Canby Member

Yes, sorry night sights

4. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

I regularly have the Truglo TFO fiber night sights in stock and can install them for you. Changing the sights on an XD can be a nightmare. If you are interested give me a call.

5. torrejon224

torrejon224 Springfield, OR Member

IMO the XS big dots are junk and force you to learn a different site picture. For very up close and personal work they are fine but for target shooting or anything longer than about 15yards forget it. I'd stick with Trijicons or Meprobrights or if made for the XD Heine Straight 8s. I bought a set of the big dots for my M&P 357sig last March and when I got them they looked and felt like cheap plastic so I sent them right back to Brownells. Do a search for XS Big Dots and you'll see what I'm talking about.

6. billybobber

billybobber Canby Member

Thanks I had Trijicon`s on my Sig and really like those, I will google the XD heine stright 8`s and look at those too.

7. Michael

Michael Oregon Member

x2 as someone who also had and disliked the XS Big Dots (on a Para-Ord). I should have tried to sell them before they got too dim!

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I love my trijicons but I'm eager to try out the Truglo TFO fiber sights.