JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanting some recommendations for replacement sights, front and rear for my XDM 40.
I have a XD mod2 9mm which has a fiber optic front sight and I really like that, my XDM 40 just has plane iron sights and for my old eyes it's hard to see. So what are your thoughts on replacement sights and no I am not going to replace the pistol just Incase some of you want to go there.

Highly recommend Trijicon's XD HR set, I swapped my stock XDs sights out with them and have never been happier. They outperform the Glock nightsights - and a strong tie with the Ameriglo's but not as bright at night. Do not try to install them yourself / use a gunsmith. Springfield stock sights are drifted in notoriously tight.

They have a super thin front post and larger dot for daytime visibility, either neon yellow or neon orange.

** love my Springfield, the grip safety is something I wish the Glocks incorporated. Just couldn't go with the stock trigger. Terrible for me.

Last Edited:
I love my xd mod 2 in 9mm and xdm 40. The grip safety is one of the reason why I like it and bought them. I have had no problem with mine what do ever. I will definitely look into those sights thanks.

The front sights on my XDM pistols are red fiber-optic, and they seem to work fine. I also have Crimson Trace lasers on them, and the green one is easier to see in daylight.

I had an XDM awhile back that had the XS "Big Dot" sights, and that one was really easy to see. Not good for shooting at faraway bullseyes, but good for quick acquisition.

You might want to have a gunsmith install your new sights.

Last Edited:
I am a night sight hater, you can't see them well after the first shot at night. I recommend Dawson adjustable fiber optics paired up with the weapons light of your choice. The light allows you to see and IDENTIFY your target. Your sight picture thru the three fiber optic rods using the light will still be there after the first shot.

I have seen a few videos talking about different sights and all of them say changing out the sights are a pain in the butt. They are in there really really tight.
Ugh

The fronts are hard, not really 'sight pusher' candidates in my mind. Rears are fine with a good sight pusher, I have a new Wheeler pusher, better than most Wheeler stuff.

Trijicon HDXR (extra range) are what I have on my Glock 19
Orange ring.
Excellent day or night sights.

Ameriglo Agent are similar

On my Glock 20 I have a Dawson rear target sight fixed and a Warren Tactical fiber optic front.
The rear sight looks like this...
018_060__51457143869943012801280.jpg
Warren Tactical front sight....
Glock-WTL-_5-600x338.jpg

Another one that people like is the TruGlo combination tritium and fiber optic.
The fiber optic is lit by the tritium.
TRUGLO® | Brite•Site™ TFX™

If none of those work, then it might be time to go to a red dot sight.
The 7 Best Pistol Red Dot Sights - Handgun Red Dot Guide [Updated Mar. 2019]

My factory sights on my 5.25 XDM9 and XDM10 have a setup reminiscent of your black Dawson and red Warren, they are adjustable rears, they call the 5.25's 'Competition', while I would not go that far, they are pretty good guns, that make me look better than I am. That is the sights mostly. Just so good to be able to dial them in.

My son raves about the Dawson Precision adjustable sights for his XDM. He got the adjustable sight set with the black rear and fiber optic front. Dawson sights are worth consideration. You can get other adjustable sight sets for the XDM in the black rear and black front or fiber optic rear and front.

My factory sights on my 5.25 XDM9 and XDM10 have a setup reminiscent of your black Dawson and red Warren, they are adjustable rears, they call the 5.25's 'Competition', while I would not go that far, they are pretty good guns, that make me look better than I am. That is the sights mostly. Just so good to be able to dial them in.
Normally for a target gun I would gravitate towards an adjustable rear sight.
This time I had a spare .235" Warren fiber optic front sight.
Dawson's table said that for my G20, I would need a .270" high rear sight with my .235" front.
He was right, it worked for a 6:00 hold at 50'

I like 6:00, but as you know there is combat and "drive the dot" both of which I don't like.
I find that with my 6:00 guns, a combat hold works very well at distances, say 75 yards or so.
For me, I get the best of both worlds that way.
I get my up close precision and at distances I don't have to cover too much of the target.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top