JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I disagree with CJ, His statement basically says when citizens can take the LAW into their own hands to assist another society is screwed

Remember lynchings. When you see a white woman scream and there is a black guy near her will you draw your gun and shoot him because you put one and one together and decided you should be the judge and executioner? NO NO NO America is better than that

I disagree with CJ, His statement basically says when citizens can take the LAW into their own hands to assist another society is screwed
The law? where did I say judge and executioner? I said assist, and assist is what I meant. The OP said, paraphrased, "if it ain't you stay the f* out of it!". I beleive that is a problem with our current society.

Remember lynchings. When you see a white woman scream and there is a black guy near her will you draw your gun and shoot him because you put one and one together and decided you should be the judge and executioner? NO NO NO America is better than that
This strawman obviously is just for bait. If this is really what goes on in your mind then an exchange of ideas is just not possible.

Do you not know how to read greydog? I just wanted to know the laws behind situations like that. Running them over was a joke, they actually gave us 25 off dinner for my willingness to help stop the situation.
I clearly stated I had no intention of pulling my gun.
thank you again cj for that other comment. That is the problem with our society, we have the mindset that if its not us its not our problem. I saw a cops clip where someone that got pulled over attacked a cop and you can clearly see cars driving by behind them; that might be an extreme situation because it did involve a cop but the lack of intervention was sad....

Do you not know how to read greydog? I just wanted to know the laws behind situations like that. Running them over was a joke, they actually gave us 25 off dinner for my willingness to help stop the situation.
I clearly stated I had no intention of pulling my gun.
thank you again cj for that other comment. That is the problem with our society, we have the mindset that if its not us its not our problem. I saw a cops clip where someone that got pulled over attacked a cop and you can clearly see cars driving by behind them; that might be an extreme situation because it did involve a cop but the lack of intervention was sad....

Since it was not a life threatening situation or a felony in progress, you're best role would be to be a good witness. Note descriptions of the suspects, make, model and license number of their vehicle (if you see one), direction they were going, etc. Give this information to the police, and go on your way. Good citizenship does not extend to putting your life or freedom in jeopardy unless you have no reasonable option, such as defending yourself or innocent persons from imminent death or grievous bodily injury. My 2 cents. (Keep the change).

I think the best thing to do is get a good id of the people running and MAYBE follow at a safe distance to help LEO catch them.

Since it was not a life threatening situation or a felony in progress, you're best role would be to be a good witness. Note descriptions of the suspects, make, model and license number of their vehicle (if you see one), direction they were going, etc. Give this information to the police, and go on your way. Good citizenship does not extend to putting your life or freedom in jeopardy unless you have no reasonable option, such as defending yourself or innocent persons from imminent death or grievous bodily injury. My 2 cents. (Keep the change).
I guess I should have read the second page before replying

Pulling a gun is not "helping" anything.
A gun is not used to gain compliance, it's only to be pulled when there's a chance you must protect lives by ending others.

The idea of pulling a gun to stop a dine and dash is so so so incredibly bad that any words I'd use to describe it or the person who asked, would be replaced by a string of asterisks by the websites swear filter.

There's some people who clearly do not know the role of themselves or their weapon and what damage they can cause. The OP is obviously one of those people.

Yup, im a gud reeder. I ken reed reel weel. Good grief! Didn't you read the law when you thought about getting a permit? Just questioning the poor logic of even asking the question you posed.
Some of the permit holders are getting really bad instruction from the permit instructors. They are bound by conscience alone to brief you on the law at least.
The distressing part of this post is that it is not the only one with a dim witted question that gives CCH holders a black eye. Springfield EH? Some puzzles solve themselves. Greydog, out. (no longer interested in this poo poo).

Didn't you read the law when you thought about getting a permit?
The distressing part of this post is that it is not the only one with a dim witted question that gives CCH holders a black eye. Springfield EH? Some puzzles solve themselves. Greydog, out. (no longer interested in this poo poo).

I"m sorry greydog, I forgot to ask about borrowing your law books before I got my CCH. My bad. I'll just go to the library right now and freshen up on the thousands of pages regarding gun laws. I'm glad you've never been wrong about anything or needed to know the specifics behind something you didn't know about completely. I will strive to be as perfectly knowledgeable about everything as you are.
I merely wanted to know some of the laws and regulations behind such an event, I already stated that I'm not stupid enough to pull a gun on a situation like that, I just wanted to know the laws behind it, and what better way to find something out than to ASK.

There's some people who clearly do not know the role of themselves or their weapon and what damage they can cause. The OP is obviously one of those people.

Really? I can't use my gun to open beer bottles? or bags of chips that just wont rip? Darn!
I absolutely know the damage a gun can do and have never and hopefully will never use one in an unsafe manner (I don't say will never because the word 'never' is a very definitive word and I can't guarantee enything).
thank you for your wonderful input though.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top