JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Noble cause, but there's only so much a President can do about repealing a duly passed Act of Congress and that's almost entirely in the vein of lobbying and armtwisting--if McConnell and Ryan don't want it done, it flat ain't gettin' done until they're replaced... then replace their names with their successors'.

A little thing called Separation of Powers, which so many products of Publik Edjakayshun today have trouble wrapping their mush-filled minds around...

I'd agree the Hughes amendment needs to go away post haste, and, for that matter, should never have existed to begin with. However, these petitions have been largely ignored, and, in this case, it would take Congress to repeal this particularly odious law.

I posted this link to Repeal the NFA in another thread & at that time there were under 10k signatures. Please consider sending a mass email to your gun friendly contacts & use BCC if you don't want to expose everyone's email addresses. I wasn't aware of the petition for repealing the Hughes Amendment but signed it today.

My personal opinion is the ATF isn't going away completely even if the majority of their duties are split between other agencies although I'm allowed to dream. I'd be happy with a couple of what I think are small changes:

(1) Make suppressors as available as ear plugs.

(2) Streamline the NFA approval process! If I already own a Class 3 item why do I need to wait 6+ months for another approval? I don't even mind the tax but being required to go to the back of the line is ridiculous. I'd even approve of a time limit - if you haven't purchased a Class 3 item within five years then do a new BGC.

I'm about 99% done with my SBR build but here's what it looks like today. I modeled it after a photo I saw & am having another barrel shortened to 6.5", having the gas hole enlarged & adding an adjustable gas block. The current barrel is 7.5" so the shorter one will allow the compensator to sit farther back like the one I attempted to copy.

I did some 1099 work this year & thought I'd be paying taxes but to my surprise, because I had a business license I get all kinds of deductions so it's happy days from the IRS & Salem! If I don't go on a 4 - 6 week road trip with a friend this Spring I'll buy a Franklin Armory Gen 3 Binary Trigger (~$450) and my SBR will be as close to FA as I can get. I'll also have Chad Waldrow at Killer Coating work his magic. He's done a number of items for me & a couple of relatives & we can't recommend him highly enough. On top of being a great Cerakote / KG Coating expert he's just a really nice guy.

Your comments & suggestions on my SBR are always welcomed.

2 10 2.JPG 2 10 1.JPG 2 10.JPG SBR Model.jpg

Just got an email today from Guns America about the petition, I signed it today, they needed 8k to get a response from the WH they got so far almost 91k, Hitmen and Government agents should not be the only one who can obtain a silencer and, and Police and Military should not be the only ones with fully auto rifles and the right to use them, so long as we use them legally and not for illicit purposse We The People should have a right to to as well and not be put through a load of red tape and taxed to death! So they now have more than enough signatures to get a response, let's see what that response is?

Noble cause, but there's only so much a President can do about repealing a duly passed Act of Congress and that's almost entirely in the vein of lobbying and armtwisting--if McConnell and Ryan don't want it done, it flat ain't gettin' done until they're replaced... then replace their names with their successors'.

A little thing called Separation of Powers, which so many products of Publik Edjakayshun today have trouble wrapping their mush-filled minds around...
If your referring to House Speaker Ryan, he has to decide today what side of history he wants to be on, does he want to be remembered as just another lackey pandering to the elite and corporate interests or be part of the swamp draining and truly represent We The People?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top