JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stopped into Talos Tactical (West Richland, Wa.) this afternoon, (5pm) inquired about Repeal I-1639 petitions and they have in hand over 11,000 signatures here in SE Wa. and still have to pick up the petitions from Yakima and Ellensburg to get them to the state! Unknown how the rest of state is doing.
Best of all is they're being delivered by hand and NOT MAILED. That's dedication to a cause!

Thank YOU Matt/Steve @Talos Tactical & Dan from Sporting Systems! You are both the epitome of constitutional second rights advocates!

Here's hoping.. :)

Dan

There's a lot more happening on another popular Wa based forum, those guys have been tearing it up during the last 2 weeks!!!!
Not sure at all what the numbers are but crossing my fingers.

Last Edited:
There's a lot more happening on another popular Wa based forum, those guys have been tearing it up during the last 2 weeks!!!!
Not sure at all what the numbers are but crossing my fingers.

I know witch site your talking about. There also is this group on Facebook by the guy who got everything rolling. Get Daily updates.

I know witch site your talking about. There also is this group on Facebook by the guy who got everything rolling. Get Daily updates.

Good to know for those that do f b.
Three cheers to all who have signed and Kudos to those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty!!!;)

I bet we make it. I signed over a month ago and was involved with getting petitions signed.....a whole slew of people were eager to sign it without us going into too much detail about 1639.
Questions like..."is this to repeal the retarded m-f ing gun law?"....followed by signing it.
Others needed a little more explanation of the law, and then became agitated over the safe storage requirements, the HIPPA crud, the "assault weapons" crud, and especially the wait to pick up pistols after passing NICS...even with a CPL.

One of the problems being seen now is people cutting the petition to mai in the completed sheets. When this happens the sheets do not count. Hopefully we don't lose too many due to incompetence.

One of the problems being seen now is people cutting the petition to mai in the completed sheets. When this happens the sheets do not count. Hopefully we don't lose too many due to incompetence.

The facebook group that is coordinating the entire deal has already told there people not to cut them when mailing back. They even posted a vid saying the same thing.

The facebook group that is coordinating the entire deal has already told there people not to cut them when mailing back. They even posted a vid saying the same thing.
If I was a saboteur trying to scuttle this thing, that's the kind of monkeywrench I'd do... get a bunch of people out of play by thinking they've signed then have their sigs uncounted.

I bet we make it. I signed over a month ago and was involved with getting petitions signed.....a whole slew of people were eager to sign it without us going into too much detail about 1639.
Questions like..."is this to repeal the retarded m-f ing gun law?"....followed by signing it.
Others needed a little more explanation of the law, and then became agitated over the safe storage requirements, the HIPPA crud, the "assault weapons" crud, and especially the wait to pick up pistols after passing NICS...even with a CPL.

You are one out of the group that I mentioned, thanks for your tireless efforts brother!!!;)

This here is the part that makes me angry and sad. How many people who signed still had no idea what this law actually did, or that it even went in? I have to guess these are almost all gun owners? Yet they knew nothing of this law yet. This is how these laws get in whether it's by vote or by law makers. When vast numbers of gun owners have no idea they are even happening it's hard to slow this down much less stop it. :s0054:

This here is the part that makes me angry and sad. How many people who signed still had no idea what this law actually did, or that it even went in? I have to guess these are almost all gun owners? Yet they knew nothing of this law yet. This is how these laws get in whether it's by vote or by law makers. When vast numbers of gun owners have no idea they are even happening it's hard to slow this down much less stop it. :s0054:

Let me see if I can help explain this. Not all gun owners are gun buyers at any given point in time. These laws mostly apply to buying a gun.

Most of the guys I know who are gun owners, hunters and that sort of thing may consider buying a gun once every 5 years or more, buying guns is simply not on their radar. I pay attention to truck ads when I'm looking to buy a truck, the rest of the time I could care less, I tune them out.

Not saying anything I mentioned above isn't being short-sighted, it is. A right not exercised is a right begging to be lost.

Let me see if I can help explain this. Not all gun owners are gun buyers at any given point in time. These laws mostly apply to buying a gun.

Most of the guys I know who are gun owners, hunters and that sort of thing may consider buying a gun once every 5 years or more, buying guns is simply not on their radar. I pay attention to truck ads when I'm looking to buy a truck, the rest of the time I could care less, I tune them out.

Not saying anything I mentioned above isn't being short-sighted, it is. A right not exercised is a right begging to be lost.
I think you missed what I am saying here. Every time I mention the real problem with new gun laws aimed at us, that do nothing to criminals, being the fault of gun owners, many scream and say it's not true. That the reason is we are outnumbered and can do nothing by elections and voting. Yet then here we see again vast numbers of gun owners who have no clue what it going on. Many will promptly ignore this and go back to covering their ears as they chant "we are out numbered and can do nothing". What bothers me even more is the number of gun owners who only find out about some new law when it hits them finally. Then they get mad and blame people like the NRA, who they never joined, for "allowing this" to happen. It is frustrating to no end to watch gun owners continue to be their own worst enemy, then blame everyone or anything else as the new laws march in. I guess the real curse is how easy we have it here. Makes it so too many people just roll through life and can't be bothered with paying any attention to what it being done to them, under the guise of being for their good. This is not just about gun laws although that one gets me the most :s0054:

@Alexx1401,

I see where you are coming from. I'll try again with a more blanket approach.

Most gun owners are simply not immersed in, nor even tangentially aware of gun culture.

A day doesn't pass where I don't wake up and either think about, handle, reload for, or shoot guns. Most gun owners are simply not like that.

It's deer season, grab grampa's 30.06 from safe, grab same box of ammo from two years ago, go to range, sight in, shoot deer, done. The rest of the year is spent working for a living to put food on the table for the family. Say hello to a gun owner.

It's the difference between an object, a gun, being a means to an end, versus being an end to a means.

Political apathy is an equal opportunity state of mind, gun owners included.

Yep and the old line "people get the government they deserve" fits right here. Free people who could care less about what is going on soon find they are not so free. When they want to blame someone all they have to do is look in the mirror for who is to blame:(
Hence the red "Ruck Up Or Shut the _uck Up" in my signature, amigo...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top