JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Blade elevator stuck and I'm told it is because the "shims" are dirty/broken. I don't want to get rid of it and would like it repaired. I'm on Camano Island, north of Marysville. Any leads on a solution will be appreciated and I thank you!

If you ever make it down to Portland, I have a bunch of parts you can have. I dontated mine to Habitat, and found these things later.
I loaned it to someone, it got left outside for a year. They may still have the hulk there at HfH Restore....
I know the elevator and tilt hardware still worked. The motor bearings needed help.

If you ever make it down to Portland, I have a bunch of parts you can have. I dontated mine to Habitat, and found these things later.
I loaned it to someone, it got left outside for a year. They may still have the hulk there at HfH Restore....
I know the elevator and tilt hardware still worked. The motor bearings needed help.
Thank you for your reply! And your offer, but Portland is a place far, far away right now. I just may have to buy a new saw.

Thank you for your reply! And your offer, but Portland is a place far, far away right now. I just may have to buy a new saw.

I think it's a good excuse to buy a new saw. And NOT a Ryobi, I won't buy a Ryobi anything!

I think it's a good excuse to buy a new saw. And NOT a Ryobi, I won't buy a Ryobi anything!
My TS and Ryobi router worked great. Made a lot of custom cherry trim with that setup.
The table saw didn't do so well being outside for a year. "But I kept it covered!" Uh...
I have one of their LiPo drills and vacuums. Both have performed admirably over years of hard use.

My TS and Ryobi router worked great. Made a lot of custom cherry trim with that setup.
The table saw didn't do so well being outside for a year. "But I kept it covered!" Uh...
I have one of their LiPo drills and vacuums. Both have performed admirably over years of hard use.

It's good to hear that. Ryobi has a sketchy history and for a while their power tools, especially their cordless ones, were on par with Harbor Freight for quality and longevity. I've been in the commercial construction industry for almost 25 years so I know a thing or two about quality tools. :)

It's good to hear that. Ryobi has a sketchy history and for a while their power tools, especially their cordless ones, were on par with Harbor Freight for quality and longevity. I've been in the commercial construction industry for almost 25 years so I know a thing or two about quality tools. :)
I would not even dream of using one of these in a production setting. Hobby / home use is all they would be good for.
For work I'd be Milwaukee, maybe Dewalt is OK at this point.
{ETA} I would not use that table saw for production work either. I bought it for a small project in ~2001, intending it to be a throw-away. I was cutting and edging aluminum sheet for a machine. Worked great for that, kept on using it for home projects.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top