JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
"...Road rage shootings are always foolish but this case ramps stupidity to a new level because the 3 a.m. incident unfolded right in front of a State Patrol trooper...."

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

QUESTION for Northwest Firearms members:
Have YOU ever witnessed or been a victim of a road rage incident? How did you react?

If Stone is convicted of this felony charge, he could go to jail and he will lose his right to legally own a firearm.

Apparently, that’s when Stone noticed the blue flashing lights, so he allegedly tossed the gun out the window, and sped toward the SR 167 exit.

Based on his behavior, I doubt he was legally allowed to posses a firearm at the time of the incident.

A little over a year ago, I was headed south on I-205 out of Oregon City. It was the afternoon rush. I was in the left hand lane and was maintaining speed with other traffic. A woman in an Escalade came up fast from behind me and was probably 4 ft off of my rear bumper. I tapped my breaks to see if that would make her back off. She didn't, so after about another 30 seconds I tapped them again. I could see her running her mouth at me with a furious look on her face. She found a gap in the RH lane and shot into it and accelerated until she was just in front of me and then about took my front bumper off when she cut in front of me. She then slammed on her breaks. Luckily I assumed she might do something like that so I was able to react. She then sped ahead until she was right on the tail of the next car. I got just close enough to read her license plate and then backed way off and called the police to report her as an agressive and dangerous driver. Not sure what became of it.

Second link worked for me. Copyright issues have come to the fore, so it may not be a good idea to post the story.

Re: Road rage - Being offended by a moron is not reason to pull a gun or even flip the bird. If I am carrying I sure don't want to start something (or if I'm not carrying). On the way to work several years ago I had a cretin drive in an aggressive manner while giving me the finger with great enthusiasm. I never thought of displaying the .44 Mag under the seat, just maintained a calm demeanor then called the business whose phone # was emblazoned all over the truck. I told the person I spoke to that such behavior by someone in a company vehicle didn't make the business look good. Oh, and by the way the next time this half-wit flips off somebody with a .44 Mag they may not be as sane as I am. Tell him he's alive because this time he didn't pull his act on the wrong person - next time he may not be so lucky.

Last Edited:
"It was the afternoon rush. I was in the left hand lane and was maintaining speed with other traffic."

Keep right, except to pass. A vehicle does not belong in the left lane, unless in the active mode of passing a slower vehicle. Just sayin'...

You're one of THOSE people.

You were violating ORS 811.315 and 811.425. Not to mention that "brake checking" is considered reckless endangerment.
I've called the cops on you people on more than one occasion.

:s0051:

putting the brakes on when there is no reason is a violation of WA state law, if there's an accident it's YOUR fault even if they rear end you.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

A little over a year ago, I was headed south on I-205 out of Oregon City. It was the afternoon rush. I was in the left hand lane and was maintaining speed with other traffic. A woman in an Escalade came up fast from behind me and was probably 4 ft off of my rear bumper. I tapped my breaks to see if that would make her back off. She didn't, so after about another 30 seconds I tapped them again. I could see her running her mouth at me with a furious look on her face. She found a gap in the RH lane and shot into it and accelerated until she was just in front of me and then about took my front bumper off when she cut in front of me. She then slammed on her breaks. Luckily I assumed she might do something like that so I was able to react. She then sped ahead until she was right on the tail of the next car. I got just close enough to read her license plate and then backed way off and called the police to report her as an agressive and dangerous driver. Not sure what became of it.

You don't know how to use the fast lane properly, you try to cause an accident on the freeway, and then you call the police? How about you stay off the freeway instead?

For all of you making comments about the left lane, I was maintaining speed with EVERYBODY ELSE in the left lane. We were moving slightly faster than the right lane. Have you ever travelled on I-205 during the afternoon rush hour? BOTH LANES are full all the way from Oregon City to the I-5 south off ramp. Thanks to all you junior Highway Patrolmen.

For all of you making comments about the left lane, I was maintaining speed with EVERYBODY ELSE in the left lane. We were moving slightly faster than the right lane. Have you ever travelled on I-205 during the afternoon rush hour? BOTH LANES are full all the way from Oregon City to the I-5 south off ramp. Thanks to all you junior Highway Patrolmen.

+1... So long as I'm in the left lane, traveling faster than the lane to my right, I'm abiding by the rules. Even if a vehicle approaches me from behind and is moving faster, the likelihood that I can move into the right lane before impeding traffic, is slim to non-existent during rush hour.

Besides, I don't brake check people, "The vehicle next to me appeared to be veering into my lane while talking on their cell phone."

What did YOU learn from this encounter?

If you had been in the right hand lane maintaining speed with other traffic and the 'left lane' was open she would have gone by you without incident.

Thanks for making the afternoon drive tougher than it should be. Thanks for being so considerate of other drivers.

Just because EVERYBODY ELSE was doing something wrong, don't mean its OK for you to do the same.

If I was a LEO I'd cite you for impeding traffic. 'Brake checking' the vehicle behind you isnt legal.

Interesting, so you are in the left lane and an aggressive driver tailgates you. What about if you cannot get in the right lane because of traffic. I think every car should have a big sign that pops up from your trunk area that says "Back Off", the next sign should say, you are inviolation of RCW such and such, this way the lawyers will be happy when the cretain following you causes a 50 car pile up and you can lay in your hospital bed knowing you did the right thing. I always move over when someone tailgates at the first chance I get, who knows maybe they have someone sick in thier car and are trying to get to the hospital or need a fix and are desparate. Never tap the brakes, although I have been tempted many times. It is a jungle out there, courtesy rules. And if you are lucky the accident the tailgator causes won't be you. Spad

Why not stay in the right hand lane (except to pass) and avoid the problem all together?
What happens if an emergency vehicle approches you from behind and your in the L/H lane?
Your still going to have to move over. Right?
Now, because you where hanging out in the L/H lane, your stress levels go up. Now you have to start looking to move over. Now you have to hope someone is polite and makes room for you in the R/H lane.
The right hand lane is a safer choice for everyone.
What happens if you have car trouble? If your in the R/H lane you can get off the road much safer than if you where loosing speed and trying to move across traffic to get to the R/H shoulder.

ALL the above could be avoided if you drive in the R/H lane.

Why not stay in the right hand lane (except to pass) and avoid the problem all together?
What happens if an emergency vehicle approches you from behind and your in the L/H lane?
Your still going to have to move over. Right?
Now, because you where hanging out in the L/H lane, your stress levels go up. Now you have to start looking to move over. Now you have to hope someone is polite and makes room for you in the R/H lane.
The right hand lane is a safer choice for everyone.
What happens if you have car trouble? If your in the R/H lane you can get off the road much safer than if you where loosing speed and trying to move across traffic to get to the R/H shoulder.

ALL the above could be avoided if you drive in the R/H lane.

I am not condoning any brake checks or anything of that nature but come on. You cannot seriously think that EVERYONE driving in the R/H lane is the answer. it may work for you in your town but in any major cities, that will never work. the traffic around the Seattle area is pretty bad as is, imagine if all drivers only took one lane on SR520.

People just need to learn to share the road. I know that's alot to ask for in a country where everyone one and their momma gets a DL. if you can't get out of the way, do it as soon as traffic clears. If you can't move over at all, don't mind the idiot behind you. Let him tailgate all he/she wants.

It won't work?
Thats because its not a citeable offense.
Like you said, its all about drivers thinking only of themselves.
It works in other countrys.
If your in the L/H lane, approched from the rear move over.
The problem is people don't drive aware. They don't check their mirrors. They 'hang-out' in the L/H lane and don't consider the other drivers.
Its safer for everyone in the R/H lanes.

It won't work?
Thats because its not a citeable offense.
Like you said, its all about drivers thinking only of themselves.
It works in other countrys.
If your in the L/H lane, approched from the rear move over.
The problem is people don't drive aware. They don't check their mirrors. They 'hang-out' in the L/H lane and don't consider the other drivers.
Its safer for everyone in the R/H lanes.

no it will not work and you obviously did not read a word of my post other than what you wanted to read. where did I say in my post that you SHOULDN'T move over? I said if there is no way to move over at all to the right lane, you should just ignore the speeders behind you. people honking and flashing their light at the car infront of them when there is no way to move over is just as bad as people cruising in the left lane.

only driving in the right lane in other countries? Please....that may be the law but you would be a fool to actually think that EVERYONE obeys that law/rule.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads