JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Also, isn't a rear-end accident the fault of the person in the back? 99% of the time it is. Thats what I've always been told. I'll admit I'm a brake-checker if I can't see a vehicles headlights over my tailgate. I'm NOT a left lane camper though, I will move over, when its convienent for ME. Just because some a$$clown wants to ride my butt doesn't mean I HAVE to increase speed or any other action just so they can speed by me and slam on their brakes 4 seconds later when they get behind the next person. What ticks me off the most? Driving between Rochester and Chehalis, in that terrible 2 lane "highway" and a big rig tries to pass another. One is doing 59.7 mph, and the one passing is doing 60.3 mph. Is the passing truck wrong? Nope, hes legal because he's "passing", but it sure as **** clogs up all the other cars behind him when it takes 6-7 miles to pass.

I was once chased for no reason on my 550 Honda motorcycle, long ago back in the land of fruits and nuts.. I was 17 and was chased by an insane big rig driver on a downhill where he must have topped 100 MPH trying to run me over in both of the I-5 lanes. I finally topped out at 115 MPH and managed to take an exit and escape the crazy S0B. Must have hated Jap bikes or was just hopped up and or nuts

I <<SNIP>> was chased by an insane big rig driver on a downhill where he must have topped 100 MPH trying to run me over in both of the I-5 lanes. I finally topped out at 115 MPH and managed to take an exit and escape the crazy S0B. Must have hated Jap bikes or was just hopped up and or nuts

Betcha didn't notice there was a long hill in front of you. Semi's do that a lot (right or wrong, but it happens) so they aren't doing 25 miles an hour over the top of the next hill. Then again a full load with hot brakes is pretty scary for them as well.

If I can, I just get out of their way. They have a lot to lose by being stupid, so just go ahead and let 'em lose it and don't be in their way when it happens.

Betcha didn't notice there was a long hill in front of you. Semi's do that a lot (right or wrong, but it happens) so they aren't doing 25 miles an hour over the top of the next hill. Then again a full load with hot brakes is pretty scary for them as well.

If I can, I just get out of their way. They have a lot to lose by being stupid, so just go ahead and let 'em lose it and don't be in their way when it happens.

Actually there wasn't, it was on the Vietnam Veteran's bridge on I-5 at the Sacramento River where the airport is. There is nothing but flatland for the next 150 miles. This guy was trying to kill me, and he changed lanes twice in the attempt.. it was midnight and there was no other traffic

Glad to see the number of "Use the left lane to pass" posts! The "lawman wannabe" that tries to enforce the speed limit by blocking the left lane is as
goofy as mr ".44 Mag under the seat" I realize the number of Kodiak bear attacks and Rogue Elephants on the freeway warrants this degree of armaments,
but more likely it's a little bitty dick.

What's even more annoying is the cops that do that!
I recently passed a city cop who was a bit out of his jurisdiction, knowing that he'd possibly catch up to me to see if I'd be doing the same speed when I did pass through his jurisdiction. He did, I wasn't, and it brought traffic to a knot, of course, until he took the exit and we all returned to our previously scheduled speeds.
Then there's the state troopers who hang out in the carpool lane doing 60.... I can sometimes see one a ways away as the traffic is a steady knot. The city police out of their jurisdiction I might possibly ignore, as above, which clues in the rest of the drivers on the road and they follow suit, which probably ticks them off.
I hate people who try to exert authority where they have none.

Uh, oh, short story coming...
I drive a regular early morning commute through a large city. Awhile back, I began to notice a local transit patrol car (staffed by a county sheriff) acting funny. He'd pull up right behind a car, linger, pass, and move on to the next car where he'd repeat the routine. He did this for many miles, even doing it to me a couple times. One morning while he was out of his jurisdiction, I passed him doing my normal speeds, and after some time, he caught up to me. I slowed down a little while he did his routine to me, until he went to the car ahead of me. I passed him again. So eventually he blows past me with a roar, pulls over way ahead of me, and then got in behind me again. I was doing the speed limit and ignoring him, and wasn't in the fast lane. About this time, he got behind me again but he had to take his exit. He looked at me and held up a finger and mouthed something like "That's one." I smiled back.
Don't tick me off. You will never win.
During this time I had started taking note of his routine, route, and car numbers, and started an email conversation with his boss. After that I never saw him again. I called his routine "trolling" and asked his boss if that made his sheriff's office look good. Public perception of rogue cops is bad for us all, especially when the cops all of a sudden need sympathy from one of their own getting shot or something. They lose my trust when they condone this kind of behavior, and they lose my sympathy as well. That's one of my pet peeves, and a topic for another thread.

What's even more annoying is the cops that do that!
I recently passed a city cop who was a bit out of his jurisdiction, knowing that he'd possibly catch up to me to see if I'd be doing the same speed when I did pass through his jurisdiction. He did, I wasn't, and it brought traffic to a knot, of course, until he took the exit and we all returned to our previously scheduled speeds.
Then there's the state troopers who hang out in the carpool lane doing 60.... I can sometimes see one a ways away as the traffic is a steady knot. The city police out of their jurisdiction I might possibly ignore, as above, which clues in the rest of the drivers on the road and they follow suit, which probably ticks them off.
I hate people who try to exert authority where they have none.

Uh, oh, short story coming...
I drive a regular early morning commute through a large city. Awhile back, I began to notice a local transit patrol car (staffed by a county sheriff) acting funny. He'd pull up right behind a car, linger, pass, and move on to the next car where he'd repeat the routine. He did this for many miles, even doing it to me a couple times. One morning while he was out of his jurisdiction, I passed him doing my normal speeds, and after some time, he caught up to me. I slowed down a little while he did his routine to me, until he went to the car ahead of me. I passed him again. So eventually he blows past me with a roar, pulls over way ahead of me, and then got in behind me again. I was doing the speed limit and ignoring him, and wasn't in the fast lane. About this time, he got behind me again but he had to take his exit. He looked at me and held up a finger and mouthed something like "That's one." I smiled back.
Don't tick me off. You will never win.
During this time I had started taking note of his routine, route, and car numbers, and started an email conversation with his boss. After that I never saw him again. I called his routine "trolling" and asked his boss if that made his sheriff's office look good. Public perception of rogue cops is bad for us all, especially when the cops all of a sudden need sympathy from one of their own getting shot or something. They lose my trust when they condone this kind of behavior, and they lose my sympathy as well. That's one of my pet peeves, and a topic for another thread.

:s0155:

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top