JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Friendly, well-maintained club - shotgun, bays for CAS/IDPA/etc, covered pistol range, covered rifle range. Only complaint I have is that they frown upon EBR/hi-cap shooting - although, they do make exceptions some times.

I was a member there for a number of years, and continue to shoot IDPA and USPSA there on a monthly basis. I've also shot skeet, and used both the rifle and pistol ranges, and find all the facilities well maintained and managed.
I've found that they don't so much care about the capacity, as they do about how quickly you empty it!
The rangemaster on the rifle range did appreciate how difficult it would be for me to load one at a time in my Garand, and asked only that I shoot at a sedate pace.

I was made to load one round per magazine at a time just last week. Idiotic. People with CPL's can't wear their guns into the range. More idiotic.

A definite hunting rifle and shotgun bias going on there, they don't seem to like people with black rifles at all.

Old, depressing, and dumpy. There are a bunch of very cool members, unfortunately the rifle range master is a Nazi with a very short fuze. Idiotic x2.

I might write more later when I get the time. I'd say go anywhere else.

I was made to load one round per magazine at a time just last week. Idiotic. People with CPL's can't wear their guns into the range. More idiotic.

A definite hunting rifle and shotgun bias going on there, they don't seem to like people with black rifles at all.

Old, depressing, and dumpy. There are a bunch of very cool members, unfortunately the rifle range master is a Nazi with a very short fuze. Idiotic x2.

I might write more later when I get the time. I'd say go anywhere else.

This is one reason why I won't go there. I some who like it there but not me.

Several years ago I went and used the pistol range. Shot for a while and the range was called "cold" Went out to hang some new targets and the range master called the range "hot" as I'm hanging my target! Good thing the other shooters were paying attention. Haven't been back since.

I understand things have changed there but that one round in the magazine crap will keep me away.

I've shot rifles of many colors there, and have never had the one-round-in-mag deal enforced. The President of the club, for many years, was an avid 3-gunner, and we shoot rifles of all colors in the action bays on match days, so I just don't see the bias described above. I know the former Prez, and another guy who's currently on the BoD, and will send them a link to this thread. Maybe we can get a clarification.
Edit: From a RF&GC Board member:

You can wear your (carry) gun onto the range, it CANNOT be HOT (loaded). We do not have facilities for you to safely "Unload & Show Clear" once you're at the range. So we leave that responsibility with you before you arrive.

There is a policy on the Rifle Range of only "One Round At a Time" loading. Like you mentioned, there can be exceptions made as long as it is controlled fire & not just spraying bullets. The rate of fire & control are the issue. We are surrounded by housing & MUST keep all rounds on our property.

There is DEFINITELY NO bias against black rifles. Come to a CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) Match, or an IDPA Rifle Side Stage & a simple "look around" will tell you differently. If you don't know how to load this gun for Slow Fire (one round at a time)...it's a technique worth learning (M1 Garand's & M1A's included).

These guys were asswh_oles, constantly stared and yelled at the shooters and told me "You don't fu_cking listen to well" when he mumbled something to me that I could not hear. Avoid this place if you can... :s0049:

The owner of Fed way discount guns went there with some active duty LEO's and the fat a_ss tried the same shi_t and almost ended up getting arrested..
true story..

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.