JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Safefire will be replacing our rental firearms here in late February, early March, and we're looking for suggestions!
What firearms would you like to try out?! We will be stocking all of the most popular pistols like; S&W M&P line, most of the Glock models, Walthers, Sig P series, HK (both hammer and stricker fired) Springfields XD series, CZ, FNH, Beretta, and Ruger, but we want to know what you'd like to see in!

We are looking to get some unique weapons in as well, rifles included. What firearm have you been dying to try but no one has one?

If you guys have suggestions, or questions, let us know!

We will also be selling off some of our current rental pistols come March, if you're interested in pricing and availability, please e-mail: [email protected]

Gotta have at least a 1911 or two. :)

Can the range handle .223, or is it pistol calibers only?

Oh yes, we will have Springfield TRP's and hopefully the EMPs as well as Sig and possibly some Colt 1911's!

Rifles up to and including .30-06 are allowed on our range! We just ask that you don't use any steel core, armor piercing, tracer rounds, ect. Reloads are totally fine as well!

Like to see the new Kimber micro 9mm .

Colt competition in 9mm and 45acp.

S&W core pro ported 5 inch
factory race gun in 9mm.

Taurus Curve in 380.

Colt Defender in 9mm.

I know folks who are wanting large caliber revolvers, but just aren't sure of recoil, grip/feel, etc. They don't want to drop the money and end up not liking it.

Maybe a S&W 500 or 460 XVR? A 454 Casual?

Add to the "fun line" a Desert Eagle 44mag and/or 50AE? Coonan?

:)

People who rent will probably be either newbies who would want to try a common gun that they might be buying in the future and us gun owners who would want to try something exotic.

If I went to a range to rent it would be either something with history (antique, C&R, old military) or full auto.

I dont know if in Washington you can get a class III and then get a few post-86 dealer sample full autos but there are a couple of ranges in Oregon with them.

It'd be awful expensive to do and probably not see a lot of demand, but just for pure grins for those who aren't lucky enough to get the real thing with Class 3 friends like I was, a semi Thompson could be cool. :) (Would add a new Date Night event potentially too: "St. Valentine's Day Massacre," maybe a discount for showing up in period attire. LOL)

A Luger, and the M1 Rifle and carbine would be cool. ;)

The next WWII movie like ''Saving Ryan's Privates'' could net you some coin. :D
Actually, to build on both our ideas a series of historical "Theme Day" events could be cool. Maybe an "OK Corral Day" on the anniversary of the Tombstone gunfight with SAAs and other popular Old West repros... :)

Having worked behind a gun counter, I would say as many as you possibly can.

So many times I had new shooters complain that they wish they could have tried multiple guns before purchasing. Many purchase off a friends knowledge, or reading online and in magazines. However these types of inputs are usually biased.

Having hands on and firing it is a completely different thing.

I know for instance, I had a female new gun owner, who I personally knew, come in to look at and feel up a few pistols with the intention to purchase. She was determined on a revolver for size and ease of use, though she really wanted a smaller LCP or similar. She as most, tried racking the slide in the store and determined she did not like small semi autos. I took her with me shooting and had her try my LCP and a few revolvers as well. She went back later and bought the LCP after getting some real time on it, stating the time shooting at it and fully working with the pistol made the difference.

This of coarse is from the new gun owner perspective.

If I was looking at this from the enthusiast perspective, I could go on and on.

Personally I have scratched off many on my bucket list. The AA12 still has an empty box.

With the growing pocket pistol craze I bet you guys would do well to have a good selection of different models of those. My range has a few (I tried all they had when I was debating which pocket 9 to get) but I was wishing they had a larger selection. Glock 43, Sig p938, Walther pps, etc...
I'm still dying to try the Walther PPS m2 - you should definitely have one of those in your rental case!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top