JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a Bushy upper with the 11.5" barrel and welded on 5.5" flash suppressor and I want to change it to a different style 5.5" and keep it legal. Has anyone done this, or anything like this? I cant even see welds, is it possible it is press fit. I wonder if it has threads or not. Any help or good gunsmith ref. in Portland area.

Thanks gents.

My 14.5 from Bravo COmpany is pinned and then welded over the pin. Its quite obvious, if you can't see it directly, try shining a really bright flashlight on it. You can usually see diferences in metal finish like that. Might tell you where it was welded and then refinished.

You have posed a good question and i am interested in your method of removal. Here is my 2 cents. If u don't care about he suppressor, and u do have a pin that is welded, then grind off the weld and knock out the roll pin with "the right size" punch. Take very good look at the hole once u have the weld ground off to be sure that both sides of the pin are of the same diameter. If of diff dia, go from smaller side to bigger. Look insidd the suppressor and see if you can see the outside wall thickness of the barrell. If it looks super thin then the suppressor may have been thredded on. If so then just unscrew it. The suppressor was more than likely soldered on. You should be able to see a small thin line of solder on the outside where it meets the barrel, and on the inside of the suppressor between the inside wall of the suppressor and the outside wall of the barrell. You will have to heat up the suppressor evenly until you can pull it off. Apply the heat to the suppressor and not the barrell. Yes the barrell will get damn hot just before the solder goes back to a liquid form, it will not be hurt. Don't dunk your barrell in water. I have not seen your gun, but if the suppressor is flush with barrell then it is thredded.

Good luck

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads