JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says. From my research this is a Russian made rifle, not carbine and has the fixed bayonet, not the hinged. Anyway the bayonet appears to be on correctly but it is odd it is above the barrel and not below it and covers the front sight where it 'curves' forward. There is small plate on the bayonet 'tube' in front of the front sight and can be slightly moved and I suspect this has something to do with removing it but I need some guidance. Thanks.

ok, so your bayonet isnt fully installed, when fully installed the bayonet will be to the right of the barrel. push it back towards the sight and when you get it back all the way twist it to the right. there is a groove in the bayonet for the sight and it will click on. to remove it push the spring loaded keeper (I think what your referring to as a plate) and twist it to the left then pull it off the end of the barrel. these can be very tight and hard to install and remove, on mine I found a dowel that fit into the bayonet mount and wrapped it with some fine sandpaper. I then kept lightly sanding the inside of the mount and testing it until it went on the barrel (you dont want to over do it, it should be snug). Hope this helps some, good luck, any questions let me know and Ill try to help you.

Thanks! Once you mentioned it was not completely installed A light tab with a hammer and a UHMD rod it popped right off. I'll worry about making it fit properly later. This is actually my daughter's boyfriends rifle. It is his first as he has an interest in military history. He let me have it to clean it and get it ready to shoot.

Happy it helped, That is very nice of you to get it all cleaned up and ready to shoot for him. You should go with him and shoot it too, they are quite fun and the ones I've shot were really Accurate. The funny thing is mine I bought 2 years ago, its a 1929 tula Hex reciever (an ex dragoon) and I have yet to take it out and shoot it! Ive only shot my step Dads carbine and 91/30 Ive gotta get mine out there before the snow flies!.

If hes interested in the Mosins have him go to 7.62X54R.net lots of really good history and everything else you could ever want to know about them.

You should go with him and shoot it too
I will be with him the first time he does shoot it. I took my daughter and him out last Saturday for the first time (with me) to the the Gilchirst State Forest public range just South of LaPine. I almost hate to say it but she 'humiliated' him with her abilities. From very young she had some natural skills and could keep tight groups with pistol or rifle. He unfortunately was having some problems and was shooting consistently low with a handgun - any one I let him shoot, .22 to .45. Part of his problem was he was leaning back too far and letting his arms drop to compensate. I worked with him and got him 'centered' and leaning into it slightly and that helped a lot. Here they are at the Gilchrist range.
100_0927.jpg

(she can do better!)
Well no one is good enough for your 'little girl' but he is a very nice young man, clean cut, hardworking, smart and likes shooting and the outdoors so I need to be thankful my daughter doesn't go for the tatted up, tackle box body pierced 'lowlife' type.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top