JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you guys get done swishing, splashing, tumbling, shaken, rinsing all that sloppy messes, dump them in your food dehydrator. In and hour you'll have nice dry snuggly warm brass to reload.;)

Never, ever, use brasso. It has ammonia which degrades brass.
And mineral spirits in corn cob take off the lanolin.
Dang... I had no idea but I looked it up & it seems you're correct.That being said, the amount I use is less then a 1/4 of a teaspoon in ye olde vibratory (corncob) with a couple hundred rds of 223 or similar. Always glad to get good advice from others so Thank You Towhead!

Dan

Dang... I had no idea but I looked it up & it seems you're correct.That being said, the amount I use is less then a 1/4 of a teaspoon in ye olde vibratory (corncob) with a couple hundred rds of 223 or similar. Always glad to get good advice from others so Thank You Towhead!

Dan

Yep, that amount of Brasso is not going to hurt nothing, carry on if you are satisfied with the outcome.;)
They look like they were done with the wet method.:D

I usually degrease my loaded bottleneck rifle rounds using the mineral spirits/towel tumble method. If I'm going to shoot the lot soon, half the time I won't even bother.

Late to the discussion. Are these bottle necked? If you used too much lube where you are concerned about powder getting gunked up inside, you should have had dented shoulders to show for it.
I don't put lube inside the cases nor want it there. If my expander mandrel/ball seems to stick, I will use a cotton swab and wipe it with the lube mix.

Loading them and leaving the lanolin on your cases will make them look dingy over time but no effect other than the gunky feel of the brass.
If'n they're going to sit, I wipe with IPA on a rag.
If it's load and shoot, I don't bother.

i bought enough rcbs case lube in the '70s to last me till about a year ago. i have always washed my cases in gasoline ,naptha ,or stoddard solvent because i lube generous inside the neck and type 1 was not water soluble. when i switched to rcbs type 2 , i tried soap and water to save cost but saw powder sticking inside the neck and went back to gasoline. a wire handle on a perforated coffee can to hold cases while i slosh them in a five gallon bucket. rags and wiping is way too tedious for thousands of cases. i have carbide for straight cases so they only get their pockets brushed.

For rifle brass, I One-Shot spray all 4 sides of the brass and into the neck in my reloading block. I alcohol wipe them off when loaded. Never had a problem with expander ball sticking or excessive pressures. For pistol brass I keep my loading index finger moist with imperial sizing wax to reduce resizing pressure, scratching, and prevent work hardening. I don't bother with alcohol on pistol brass... the pressures just aren't that high.

I tried corn cob vibration once to delube... never again. Tons of media caught in flash hole. What a PITA.

I sized 2200 9mm brass with lanolin/heet and after tumbling with Dawn/Lemishine they came out with a film on them. Ran them through the dry tumbler and they then came out clean and shiny. Somebody on another site said Simple Green will take the lanolin off. Either in a wet tumbler or agitated in a bucket.

After the range, my brass go in the wet tumbler and after drying then I use a very large plastic bowl (from Dollar Tree) and Unique case lube. I put some on my finger tips and masage the whole batch, The lanolin is great to keep my hands soft. After the loading process is complete, I throw the loaded rounds in the dry tumbler for about an hour, of course with used dryer sheet strips that help keep everything clean. there is enough Nu Finish in the media to shine them up again.

Late to the discussion. Are these bottle necked? If you used too much lube where you are concerned about powder getting gunked up inside, you should have had dented shoulders to show for it.
I don't put lube inside the cases nor want it there. If my expander mandrel/ball seems to stick, I will use a cotton swab and wipe it with the lube mix.

Loading them and leaving the lanolin on your cases will make them look dingy over time but no effect other than the gunky feel of the brass.
If'n they're going to sit, I wipe with IPA on a rag.
If it's load and shoot, I don't bother.

You wipe it off with BEER (IPA)???:s0140::s0140::s0140:

J/K:s0112:

For rifle brass, I One-Shot spray all 4 sides of the brass and into the neck in my reloading block. I alcohol wipe them off when loaded. Never had a problem with expander ball sticking or excessive pressures. For pistol brass I keep my loading index finger moist with imperial sizing wax to reduce resizing pressure, scratching, and prevent work hardening. I don't bother with alcohol on pistol brass... the pressures just aren't that high.

I tried corn cob vibration once to delube... never again. Tons of media caught in flash hole. What a PITA.

I agree to a point, I've done a lot of research on this and I've found that an hour is not long enough.
I too was ready to get "WET" when I found it best to tumble for 2-4 hours to thoroughly clean the flash holes and primer pockets. A spot check is good to do anyways.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads