JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Throw 'em in your washer & dryer? Self agitating, bonus - probably agitate your wife to the point where she'll not talk to you for a while, giving you time to reload in peace :s0115::D

Thanks brother, I was considering something like that but was unsure about the cleaner.;)
And yes caveman have plenty of agitation being pinned up for weeks. UGGHHHHHHHH!!!!:s0140:

I hear you I am loading more than I ever have in the past 60 days.

Cleaner: Simple dish soap. I would not mess with the "LimiShine" aka citric acid unless you had some already. Just make sure you get them nice and dry before loading. Primers don't like wet flash holes. (o_O sure there is a joke in there somewhere)

I have wet tumblers and actually first run all my range brass wet with JUST soap and nothing else. They come out actually extremely clean with just soap and water. It gets sorted, then processed w/PEG-75 Lanolin and 99% alcohol (1:10 mix) THEN go in for the wet tumble with stainless chips, soap, and acid.

ISO alcohol on a towel and roll/wipe the cases down if the soap doesn't cut it.

This is what I had to do after letting them sit for too long. The alcohol cut it immediately.

Yeah there's probably enough in the necks that powder will stick to if I don't get them cleaned out really well.

I'm new to case lube. Is there a joke there? :s0131: And I'm thinking that case lube is a PIA no matter what you use. Necessary evil though. I just tossed my sticky-even-though-wiped, back in the wall nut for awhile, then took the time to clear the flash holes. I just used the RCBS and the lube pad. Still learning....

I'm new to case lube. Is there a joke there? :s0131: And I'm thinking that case lube is a PIA no matter what you use. Necessary evil though. I just tossed my sticky-even-though-wiped, back in the wall nut for awhile, then took the time to clear the flash holes. I just used the RCBS and the lube pad. Still learning....

RCBS and Lube pad works! Used to do the same back when I first started doing rifle. Works great in the dies, just kinda sticky to handle.

These days I mix my own lube (PEG-75 Lanolin and 99% Alchohol in a 1:10 mix) and use a large spray bottle. Couple short blasts into a dedicated plastic "Lube Bin", snap on the lid and shake it like it owes me money. Pop the lid off and let it vent, dries in seconds and perfectly, and lightly lubed brass.

I even give my pistol cases a light coating for loading so the powder drop/expander die does not stick on my squeaky clean brass. (only a wet tumble problem, if you use a dry vibratory the light dust from that solves the issue)

Nothing wrong with that.
I started out with the RCBS case lube.
Now I use the ISO/lanolin mix or redding imperial sizing wax.

Hornady one shot works too. Just make sure you use enough and let it completely dry before sizing. If not you'll be trying to figure out how to remove a stuck case.

Don't ask me how I know......

Yeah Mike I believe most beginners started off with the RCBS lube and pad for resizing as I did.
It was fine when I wasn't doing more than 100 at a time but I change my ways when I started doing 500-1,000 cases at a sitting. And I can honestly say that since I've been using this lanolin and alcohol mix I have not had one stock case. With the other stuff they were quite common.

Last Edited:
Nothing wrong with that.
I started out with the RCBS case lube.
Now I use the ISO/lanolin mix or redding imperial sizing wax.

Hornady one shot works too. Just make sure you use enough and let it completely dry before sizing. If not you'll be trying to figure out how to remove a stuck case.

Don't ask me how I know......

Ah, the old stuck cases..... Yeah I've had more than my share with other lubes but as I mentioned in a quote for Mike, knocking on wood I have not had one with the lanolin mix.;)

A big plus also with the Lee dies is it is so much easier to pound that puppy out...:s0140:
Unlike other brands you had to have a stuck case tool or send it in to the factory for removal...:eek:

I use the Dillon spray lube.

After sizing my cases, I toss them into a Folgers coffee jug with a squirt of Dawn dish soap and hot, tap water. Put the lid on and give it a couple shakes. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse til clear.

Now that it's warmer, I toss them on to a towel and set it out in the sun. Today I had a bunch of 5.56 brass dry in about an hour.

I used to toss it back into the tumbler for another hour but felt this is faster and comes out shinier (to my eyes).

Old RCBS lube pads are a PIA to clean the lube off of cases. I have used the Hornady one shot works good. But
you have to be careful or you can end up with a stuck case.:( I like the Lanolin and alcohol mix works good and cleans up much easier.
I will lube 223 cases and load them through the Dillon. Lay the reloaded rounds on a bath towel mist with water and
roll them around. Same procedure for sized empty brass. I use a dry tumbler to clean my empty brass same way I have done it for
40 years. I never tumble loaded rounds. The wet tumblers clean the brass so well it needs some lubrication for pistol brass.
I never lube my pistol brass just dry tumble and load.:cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads