JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About a couple months ago I posted a question about cougar quotas here in Oregon and the speculation was it was influenced by politics.

Today I read a Meateater article describing a campaign to divorce hunters from wildlife policies. The article describes a national effort and doesnt go into much details on the effort or state efforts particularly Oregon or Washington. Overall the caution is there.

Im sharing to create awareness and will be keeping an eye out to learn more. About a 5 minute read.

This started in WA back in 2018 when Kelly Susewind was appointed Directory by Inslee. Susewind is not an outdoorsman and has made it clear he hates hunters. This was confirmed when he did away with the Spring bear hunting season.

There are way too many activists being appointed to high positions in various government agencies.

There are way too many activists being appointed to high positions in various government agencies.
I still cant find the article I but IIRC, I read that Kate Brown appointed the majority of ODFW officials.

(theres also an anti-gun component to this, if you remove hunting from game management you potentially remove future gun ownership if hunting is not needed to manage game)

I have zero patience for vegans who wear leather or bunny huggers who don't know where meat comes from. I smile when snowflakes think the big, beautiful kitty is there to say hi to them, right up until it kills and eats their delusional azzes.

The biggest irony here is that if you follow these NW forums, hunters and anglers are the DFW's and their commissions biggest critics....a real hate-fest

The biggest irony here is that if you follow these NW forums, hunters and anglers are the DFW's and their commissions biggest critics....a real hate-fest
I personally recognize that, at least in Oregon, ODFW hands are tied politically. Eg it was the voters that banned hunting with dogs.
Its true many Oregon hunters dont see that and are over critical of ODFW management.

Sadly, this is a classic example of involvement vs complacency. Most that hate hunting are active in government, those that love hunting are not.

I see it everyday with my generation. Millennials are slowly realizing they let boomers do everything because boomers were actively involved in their communities and part of government. Millennials are now learning they should have been more involved, instead we were lazy. Some, still haven't figured that out yet and I want to say it's a huge part of why we are where we are.

Sadly, this is a classic example of involvement vs complacency. Most that hate hunting are active in government, those that love hunting are not.

I see it everyday with my generation. Millennials are slowly realizing they let boomers do everything because boomers were actively involved in their communities and part of government. Millennials are now learning they should have been more involved, instead we were lazy. Some, still haven't figured that out yet and I want to say it's a huge part of why we are where we are.
Quit blaming the millennials for everything. It's not their exclusive fault the world is going to heck. The boomers, their parents, gen x and gen z all have a part to play.

Those kids and their music. Get off my lawn!

Quit blaming the millennials for everything. It's not their exclusive fault the world is going to heck. The boomers, their parents, gen x and gen z all have a part to play.

Those kids and their music. Get off my lawn!
True, boomers did have a role in the matter, but they are dying off and millennials are at the age where they need to step up and start running things. They aren't.

Unfortunately it's my generation (X) that has taken over most local governments and are completely mucking everything up.

Unfortunately it's my generation (X) that has taken over most local governments and are completely mucking everything up.
You guys are like ninjas. We know you exist, but you're really good at hiding in the shadows.

:s0054: The festering infection of Bureaucrats and "Experts" that have zero to minuscule knowledge of whatever facet of our lives they are politically appointed to rule over, is ruinous to this or any other Nation.
Walked on or flew over an exclusive golf course?... appointed to oversee the environment!
Your limo once drove past a bus?... Appointed to oversee transportation!
Watched a Speedy Gonzalez cartoon when you were 5?... Border security!
Could never figure out how you could be overdrawn when you still have checks?... Banking!

It has now become accepted that your ability to advance in Government depends almost entirely upon Who you are figuratively, or literally, blowing. It doesn't hurt to also be willing to wear a dress and shout over those who point out the idiocy, "threat to democracy! threat to democracy!"

:s0054: The festering infection of Bureaucrats and "Experts" that have zero to minuscule knowledge of whatever facet of our lives they are politically appointed to rule over, is ruinous to this or any other Nation.
Walked on or flew over an exclusive golf course?... appointed to oversee the environment!
Your limo once drove past a bus?... Appointed to oversee transportation!
Watched a Speedy Gonzalez cartoon when you were 5?... Border security!
Could never figure out how you could be overdrawn when you still have checks?... Banking!

It has now become accepted that your ability to advance in Government depends almost entirely upon Who you are figuratively, or literally, blowing. It doesn't hurt to also be willing to wear a dress and shout over those who point out the idiocy, "threat to democracy! threat to democracy!"
You hit the nail on the head, hard! Today everything is bass ackward, can't see exactly where, when it happened but it damn sure did.

The first thing that will happen is almost all the money that ODFW operates on will disappear. No license or tag fee's after that the place will be totally over run with everything from sage rats to cougars. After all we all see how well they run the forests without the logging industry.

The first thing that will happen is almost all the money that ODFW operates on will disappear. No license or tag fee's after that the place will be totally over run with everything from sage rats to cougars. After all we all see how well they run the forests without the logging industry.
Odfw and Wdfw will raise tag prices to the point only the wealthy or dedicated can hunt or fish . Or the governor will start appointing them tax dollars. We need to set term limits for ALL government officials. I've talked to one of Wdfw game commissioners and she wasn't happy about how things are going. She was very well on the side of the hunter.

This has been their long range gang plan. Just another step towards total gun control.

Get rid of hunting you eliminate that group of gun owners.
Look where we are today on their so called assault weapons.
I don't trust any part of our government.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top