JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think his hat is on a little to tight.

You know, a pork loin roast would have worked instead of his own arm.

Last Edited:
Well......I have done it and I know how to do it! Because my dad told me how to do it. I've also read how to do it. But I've NEVER had to practice doing it!:p

Had to remove a hook from Wifeys finger once. I didn't watch the video, but I used the hold-the-hook-down-jerk-out-with-another-line method. It was a fairly small Rapala hook but it was in past the barb. The secret is, "I'm gonna count to three" ONE-TW-JERK! Works like a charm.

Yep, he earned a man card.

These things can happen, the fact that he's cool calm and collected while showing not 1 but 4 hooks removed and the three improvised methods one can use out of his own arm while he's narating.. thats some pretty cool stuff.

To give examples on meat or other items is one thing, but to demonstrate on real flesh is another.

I think his hat is on a little to tight.

You know, a pork loin roast would have worked instead of his own arm.

For sure it would have worked fine. It also would have not twisted my stomach! Last time I had to pull a hook out it was from my daughters eye lid. Some idiot kid was swinging his poll like a cracked out maniac up at mciver and cast along the shore. Tried to yank it back and snagged my daughter. His dad got mad at me for yelling at him to stop moving the poll. All I could do to compose myself was to tell his dad "your kid just did something stupid and I am only asking to have it not made worse."
I am just glad at that point he saw what the issue was and was immediately apologetic. That is all I ask since my kid was fine!

Had to remove a hook from Wifeys finger once. I didn't watch the video, but I used the hold-the-hook-down-jerk-out-with-another-line method. It was a fairly small Rapala hook but it was in past the barb. The secret is, "I'm gonna count to three" ONE-TW-JERK! Works like a charm.

Haha my daughter was so upset I did not wait till three. "I was not ready Daddy"!!!!

I used the Jerk out method many times in the emergency room. Be sure to wrap tape around any additional hooks on a lure.
Also, no by-standers and safety glasses on you and the patient.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top