JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just traded for a Savage 10 Predator rifle at the LGS.
Poor thing sat there a long time as it had been hit with the camo ugly stick, so got a great deal on it.
I'd like to remove the hydro-print mossy oak look.
Wondering if anyone has done this before I start splashing on every chemical imaginable.
The stock is a polymer/plastic so would need to use caution so as to not dissolve it.

thanks.

Is this a factory, or aftermarket actual hydra-print dip job? I ask because it will have a clear coat, the hydro-print coat and a base coat/primer before you get to the base gun... and it's some tough stuff.

On the metal, you can probably use acetone or lacquer reducer. On the plastic, you may have to resort to media blasting... it will leave a dull finish, but it's better than leaving a blob of unrecognizable plastic. :)

Look close at the hydro-print to see if you can find a name of the company that did it. Sometimes they will recommend a specific method or product. That or just go generic and look at a few hydro-print websites in their FAQ section.

C

Its definitely a factory job. Savage made a bunch of these. Even the cheapo scope is camo.
The coating has chipped in places, so I can see that the action is blued beneath.
24550-DEFAULT-L.jpg

24550-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Please keep the thread up to date on what you get to work. If it were me, I would try the water based stripper gel on the metal. You could also try it on a hidden spot on the stock. A small area first so you don't destroy the whole thing. Water stops the action and rinses clean.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top