JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably easy question; I'm just trying to avoid potential trouble as I'm almost done with this project. I need to have a Rossi 92 engraved with trust information. If my regular contact here can do it, I likely will go that route. However, there is a company in the Midwest that specializes in NFA laser engraving. It has crossed my mind to have them do the work and after corresponding with the owner, he said he could do so on the lever.

Question: what is the best way to remove the lever on these? The screw on the receiver or the lever:

levr.jpg

Thanks. :)

I thought it had to be done on the frame? I could be wrong.

Anyhow, the lever retaining pin up in the bolt is knurled. Takes a pretty good hit with a punch to remove it. Not like the Winchester's that fall right out.

I know the barrel or receiver is totally kosher for makers (not manufacturers) markings. Need to double check the NFA Handbook to confirm the lever would be a go. If not, then just go with the local engraver gal and put it on the left side of the receiver.

I have a set of punches, so could do so. I was just trying to avoid as much PITA as possible.

Thanks guys. :)

Done doing the digging; it is the receiver, frame, or barrel. So the NFA engraver I talked to is wrong. In that case, receiver it is and this one is a moot point.

Thanks friends. :)

I can check with it later when home, but I am curious how hard it is to remove and reinstall the barrel. If it isn't an issue, I might have the engraver do that instead of the receiver.

Have to have the proper tapered barrel bushing and action wrench to remove the barrel. I use a special insert so the receiver isn't bent.
I can fit a barreled action into the engraver.
Your engraver using a small machine that a barreled action won't fit into?

Have to have the proper tapered barrel bushing and action wrench to remove the barrel. I use a special insert so the receiver isn't bent.
Wait, you have an engraver?!

OK, then I won't mess with it. Thanks.

Doh, I should have asked if you could. The last I asked a bit ago, you mentioned you put that out to a third party. No worries.

It should; she's done work for me before, but I haven't gotten a reply from my regular engraver. I was thinking, worst case, if I had to send a part out to a firm in another state.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top