JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I often see videos on youtube of peope using a string to remotely trigger a firearm that they are testing. I was thinking that a remote controlled device (like a servo) could be used in place of the string to actuate the trigger. Has anybody here tried doing anything like that?

I have a servo tester and spare servos for some of my R/C airplanes My servo tester takes AA batteries but depending on rifle or hand gun, the servo may not have enough pull to pull the trigger. My R/C airplanes are made of foam so the servos do not need to be that strong to move the control surfaces.

You can buy stronger servos but I am not sure about the servo supply right now since most or if not all of the servos are made in China now. Most of my servos have plastic gears but you can buy all metal gear servos that have more torque.

I know that my R/C truck has an all metal servo for the steering of the truck but not sure how many grams of pull it has.

Probably some ATF reg over doing such/similar mechanical device.

Manufacture, or the like type of SOT classification I'd think.

No idea, truthfully. Just surmising that "they" may have already thought of such/similar...

If I remember correctly... a pushbutton device that actuates the trigger may land it into the MG classification because in theory, the button can be pushed to make more than a single shot per trigger function. Its also why if ome added a handheld cordless drill to a gatling crank or similar, it becomes a MG.

Edit. Only way I know to be okay is if the device only pull trigger and stays pulled (mechanical.finger basically) on a semiauto... and has to be manually reset between shots

I was going to put in the Aliens UA-571-C M30 Sentry AutoCannon scene...

But nah. Don't think I'll ever rig up something to fire without my safety on the trigger.

safety.jpg

I often see videos on youtube of peope using a string to remotely trigger a firearm that they are testing. I was thinking that a remote controlled device (like a servo) could be used in place of the string to actuate the trigger. Has anybody here tried doing anything like that?
Meh. That might be useful for a gun maker or gunsmith but not for me.
I used a string to pull the trigger on the very first AR I built long, long ago. I felt silly for doing it and have never bothered doing it again. If I'm that dubious about a gun, I'll send it to a gunsmith to check out

Probably some ATF reg over doing such/similar mechanical device.

Manufacture, or the like type of SOT classification I'd think.

No idea, truthfully. Just surmising that "they" may have already thought of such/similar...

If I remember correctly... a pushbutton device that actuates the trigger may land it into the MG classification because in theory, the button can be pushed to make more than a single shot per trigger function. Its also why if ome added a handheld cordless drill to a gatling crank or similar, it becomes a MG.

Edit. Only way I know to be okay is if the device only pull trigger and stays pulled (mechanical.finger basically) on a semiauto... and has to be manually reset between shots
Pfft. The string already makes it a machine gun, remember?

:D :rolleyes:

j/k

That seems like a way over complication to eliminate $0.01 of string to me, but what ever makes you happy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top