JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I know some people who are in the process of installing a full perimiter fence in a rural area, they are looking for a decent secure gate system that has garage style openers, a key code panel for guest, works well and does not cost a gazillion fiat dollars.

Anyone here have one, know anything about them, pro cons on different systems, nightmare to stay away from etc..etc

Looking for inpout and ideas.

Anyone here have one, know anything about them, pro cons on different systems, nightmare to stay away from etc..etc

Looking for inpout and ideas.

Stratford Gate Systems in Clackamas. Link below.

Driveway Gates by Stratford Gate Systems. Custom designed automatic gates in metal and wood.

These guys build the whole thing and the gates range from very inexpensive (not cheap flimsy farm gates) all the way to high end estate gates. They have all the openers available and you can even get camera's that send live video to you smart phone whenever someone pushes the call button on the gate. Very nice down to earth guys that built the company from the ground up. Check it out.

No, I am not related nor do I work there.

The key is to have the main gate installed correctly so it is balanced and swings freely. I had a pro install my gate and the posts and I did all the rest.

I have a Mighty Mule system that has worked reasonably well for 5 years. It's slow and noisy but for the price I can buy replacement parts easily without feeling like I am getting raped. There are better systems out there but they tend to cost more.

My wifes grandma has a Mighty Mule gate opener that I have had to do some work on to keep it humming. When it was originally set up, it was set up incorrectly and was being run hard for most of its life. Mighty Mule has a bunch of technical manuals online that you can basically troubleshoot the entire system yourself, which is a big plus if you are a handy guy. I put it back into adjustment and it has been running really smoothly for a couple of years now. An occasional shot of lubricant is all it needs and it runs strong. It has battery backup, and you can add solar panels and keypads to the system as well as the garage opener style remotes.

If you are thinking Interim SHTF and planning on switching to a more "Robust", augmented gate/fence system when things go Blip the Mighty Mule will get the job done.
Stakes, tangle foot, trenches are a low tech addition, sharks and crocks work well if you can afford to keep the water in the moat heated and filtered.

Well i am looking for the future for myself, but I actually do have a relative in a rural area, working this and trying to figure out to do I make or buy?? So I am helping them get whatever information I can and they are sharing we with how what they came up for a fence and stuff.

We both appreciate all of the information and I am sure it will help others here as well

Thanks,

i work for a automation and security wholesale distributor and i would stay far away from mighty mule and gto operators also if you are looking into becoming secure i would choose a slide gate operator over a swing gate operator

i work for a automation and security wholesale distributor and i would stay far away from mighty mule and gto operators also if you are looking into becoming secure i would choose a slide gate operator over a swing gate operator

Yeah, that is what they where i work, I also worked armed security years ago, and agree with you on this, the swing gates can be trashed by a vehicle to easily.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top