JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've gone almost exclusively to using Remora and Sticky Holsters for IWB carry of all my different pistols. I'm short waisted and a tad overweight and they just work great for me. I actually prefer the Sticky Holsters because they're thinner but work just as well. The ones for smaller pistols and revolvers work equally well as pocket holsters. The only drawback is the inability to reholster without taking the holster out. Remora offers a reinforced top model, but it defeats the purpose of the thinness aspect in my mind. But they provide good retention, can be used at any waist position, and don't move even when I have them on all day. Very comfortable, too. One last thing. You have to remember you've got a gun on when you drop your drawers in a bathroom stall. Having my Springfield XDs bounce into the next occupied stall might create problems for me, not to mention the guy on the adjacent toilet.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Synaptic
Didn't some senator from Washington have an negative experience with someone in an adjoining stall a few years ago???
Actually he may have been feeling around trying to find his concealed carry weapon . . .

Sheldon

I've got everything from Crossbreed to SHTF to Ted Blocker, Winthrop, and others (and good quality belts, too). Out of all of those, I've found the Remora/Skinny Holster works best for my build and dress to allow me to carry every day in whatever configuration I need for a given circumstance. I swap weapons to fit that as well. Since I carry in them every day with a conscious decision NOT to carry in more conventional (and much more expensive) holsters, you can't make a blanket statement that they're a niche holster, not an EDC holster. For you, maybe, but I believe in giving people my own experiences and letting them draw their own conclusions. Just sayin'.

In other words, your list is bigger than my list. Why do guy conversations always end up like this? My point was that maybe you could merely explain to the OP your rationale for why you think Remoras are niche holsters like I did in saying why their flexibility and convenience make them equally good as EDC holsters. He'd probably appreciate your expertise on the subject.

Too bad the thread disintegrated.
I was enjoying reading about the Remora holster. In fact just ordered two.
If the thread is not closed when I get them, will briefly review.

They must be sold locally if there is a local Remora rep, anyone know where?

They used to have a table at the gun shows in Portland, but I haven't been in the past 3-4 months so I can't say. You can also get them on line and there are tons of videos reviews available. I hate it that things have a way of devolving, too. People ask questions and they want some rationale for the information you're providing. Hopefully the OP got his/her questions answered. My latest acquisitions are Skinny Holsters for my Ruger SR9C and Springfield XDs. Both are really comfortable and conceal great. Just like the Skinny Holster surface better against my skin or t-shirt. It's thinner and smoother and holds in place just as well as the Remoras. What the heck. If you don't like them you've only blown like $30 or so instead of $100 or more for a quality leather IWB holster.

I don't always carry, but when I do, I prefer Remora. ;)

Fits my SR9c w/crimson trace quite well. But like someone else mentioned, it's soft so not easy to re-holster. Put in and remove the holster with the gun inside is easiest, but still easy to draw if necessary. I got the model with the sweat shield since it also keeps the gun butt from sticking into your side. Although the videos show people doing handstands and such, think I'd use a retention holster if doing something active like fishing or just going out in the boat.

I also use my Remora in my edc. It is comfortable and fits nicely. I bought it at a gun show from the Remora table a few years back. My EDC did fall out of the holster when i was in the woods once, so i will have to mark it down for that. Other than that one mishap if has been a nice comfortable EDC carry holster, and the price was right :p 20$
Only one reason my EDC fell out was because the inside of the holster has no traction. None the less i have just been a little more careful about it and haven't had another issue yet.

just my .002

JP

Got both holsters. 30 % off and free mag pouch included.
A little thicker than I thought they would be. LCP great in pocket or iwb, lcr too. The lcr has sweat shield and reinforced opening for easier reholstering. So far very satisfied. No difference in retention than or better than uncle mikes. EDC is glock in a crossbreed, will be ordering one for it too.
May look at the skinny holster before I order.
It is great there are so many choices.

I'm skinny. Or wirey as I've been told. 5'11" 150#s. I do not like wearing baggy or oversized pants or clothing. I wear a 32 waist pants and usually a medium shirt. I went through about every name brand holster out there trying to find the best fit for me. Finally I stumbled across a lady on the web reviewing the remora. I was stunned that they were so inexpensive. I bought one for each of my concealables. I usually carry a G19 in the winter and a TCP or PF9 in the lighter months. All in Remoras. I was paranoid at 1st thinking it would fall down my pants. That never happened. I started carrying closer to my hip bone with them and it is wonderful. No show and I get to sit anywhere while wearing it. I could never do this with a traditional leather In the waist holster. Also going number two is a hell of a lot easier. I can remove the holstered pistol set it on the TP dispenser or what ever is available in the public bathroom and not have to worry about my holster laying there in plain sight under the divider. They also allow you to choose the depth of concealment. You can get the pistol down in there where only the top most portion of the grip is visible or hang it high and accessible. Another thing I could never do with other holsters that were pretty much set at one height and you had to deal with it.

Only flaw I have found is the ones with the rigid tops suck. Don't get those get the regular ones. They don't contour to the pistol, ever. I have two that I'll never use, bought them to try it out. Ended up going back and getting the regular ones.

Only other holster I'll recommend if you like the feel of less. Is the aegis armory guardian. It is a simply trigger guard on a lanyard. You can hook the lanyard around a belt loop and tuck the pistol in like they do on the movies. Then when you draw just pull and it will unclip itself. Only drawback is there is no barrier between you and the pistol. In the summer I found sweat tends to end up all over the pistol using this method of carry. I in turn now only use these holsters for pocket carry. Especially in cargo pant or shorts.

Got the iwb remora with sweat shield.
Gl 23 and is the most comfortable holster. Have the cross breed, and two other similar holsters, all are good, remora is more comfortable.

Will give it a few weeks, may sell the others!!

Yeah, the Remova tuckable model looks like they just felt they had to offer one since a lot of the hybrid holsters are tuckable. I read the instructions for simply putting it on and it sounded way too much trouble to even try and totally did away with the simplicity factor I like in Remoras.

I have a Sticky.. I carry a ultra 45 in it sometimes..
It works well.. And yes not made to re- holster but than again if it's coming out it isn't going back in.. And for 20 bucks hey

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top