Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remora Holster???

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by WillMunny, Jun 21, 2012.

1. WillMunny

WillMunny NE Portland Active Member

2. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I have had about 4 of them for my different guns and love them. They also now have an OWB version which looks intriguing. But at the moment I have discovered that I like Sticky Holsters better because they are thinner, hold a little better and almost feel like there's nothing there. But the Remoras are good too.

3. WillMunny

Those Sticky Holsters look good - thinner you say? I may need to try one out. Seems like either one would be pretty versatile as far as allowing you to carry MOB, on the hip or crossdraw.

4. DBagnall

DBagnall SALEM Member

I received one in a trade, with Accessbob actually, but I am not sure quite yet what I think about them. For what it is, I can certainly appreciate the versatility, yet they seem a bit bulkier than I care for. I would be curious how the Sticky Holsters do for you. Otherwise, I am particularly partial to leather and I make most of my own holsters.

5. WillMunny

Agreed - tough to beat a good leather holster.
    I'm just intrigued by the idea of not having to mess with clips or straps.
    Come to think of it, no clips or straps would be nice in a few different situations ;)

6. accessbob

I have been a loyal Remora customer, however since getting my Sticky Holster, I really have become a fan. It really is thinner and lighter and it also holds better. And yes, it is nice to not be constrained by clips or straps and it is very versatile. It is great for having next to my bed as my trigger is not exposed until I want it to be exposed. It is easy to remove and/or reposition when sitting in a car, and I can even carry it under my arm pit if I want to carry my gun in the house between rooms while wearing my shorts which have no compression.

I just ordered one for my wife's Shield and one more for my M&P40c which was custom fitted for use with my Crimson Trace CMR-201 laser (which I have not been able to put on my gun as it wouldn't fit in my holster with it on).

7. Zepoll

Zepoll Keizer Active Member

I have a remora as my daily carry holster. There are a few really good reviews on YouTube from TNOutdoors9 and another one from a girl that I can't remember her name. Something about photography.

I really like the versatility of the clipless holsters. Haven't heard of the sticky holsters, but will definitely look into them.

My Remora goes
    * 3:30 when I leave the house,
    * Under my right thigh when I get in my truck, sometimes I just lay it next to me on the center console and the sticky material keeps it from sliding around
    * In between the seat and the parking brake when I drive my honda,
    * Appendix carry when I run into 7/11,
    * Under my armpit when I use public facilities.

I'm a big fan.

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  8. accessbob

Here are a few pics of the Sticky with my M&P40c in it

sticky01.jpg

sticky02.jpg

sticky03.jpg

9. Pepiot

Pepiot Oregon My other girl ^^^^^

I use the Remora holster all day every day with my G27. To date this is my favorite IWB holster, very comfortable and stays in place.

10. WillMunny

I wish I could find somewhere local that sells these so I could try em out.

11. accessbob

Sticky Holsters (authorized dealer):

MK Tactical
    128 West Main Street EXT
    Hillsboro, OR 97123
    Main: 503-577-6824

12. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I have been looking at both Remora and Sticky for my soon to arrive (I hope) Sig P938.
    What is pushing me toward Remora is their "Full Sweat Shield" option that covers the entire back side of the pistol, grip included.
    This appeals to me as I didn't like the grips pressing on my skin when I carried my P238 in a custom IWB holster

13. WillMunny

My Sticky arrived today..size LG6 short for an H&K compact 45. Excellent fit, and so far seems to stay where I want it.

14. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

How does the Remora or Sticky Holster feel directly against the skin? I'm thinking about getting one for sticking in my sweats when I take my dog out at night.

15. accessbob

When wearing the Sticky, I sometimes forget that it is even there. But either one hasn't bothered me at all.

16. WillMunny

I'd say the feel is sort of like a cross between rubber and suede? They stay in place with friction - not sticky like wall crawlers.

WALY-0001.jpg :nono:

17. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

I bought a Remora for my M&P40 full size and wore it for a day. It was always slipping down and was causing me to have a hard time getting a proper drawing grip on my pistol and I was always readjusting it. I gave it to my son for him to try and haven't heard how it's working for him. So I guess I'm one of the few that don't like them.

Like they say, one gun doesn't fit all....one holster doesn't fit all.

I'm back to wearing my MTAC.

18. Zepoll

Zepoll Keizer Active Member

I do this exact thing when I get home. I change out of my work clothes and either put on a pair of the cotton lounge pants that we all get for christmas and fathers day or, like last night, I put on a pair of cotton athletic shorts with an elastic waistband and a draw string and I settle in for the evening. I wear my Remora in both and they hold fine.

Some people complain about how it feels against the skin, but honestly I don't have any complaints about it. It doesn't feel like velvet or anything, but it doesn't hurt, or irritate. doesn't make my skin red, or raw or feel abrasive or anything like that. Just feels like a tacky piece of rubber. And you forget that it's there.

I have not tried the Sticky Holsters, but I'm interested if they really are thinner.

19. accessbob

Below - Remora RFT on left, Sticky on Right (Sticky doesn't have a reinforced top option so you pretty much have to take it out to reholster, but I don't mind.

RemoraVsSticky(1).jpg

RemoraVsSticky(2).jpg

RemoraVsSticky(3).jpg

edogg and (deleted member) like this.
  20. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

Thanks for sharing the comparison pics! I think I might pick up a Remora if they have one that fits a 3" J-frame S&W.

Edit: Also, Zepoll, thanks for sharing your experience!