Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington Sporterized A303 30-06

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by dragonsden73, Feb 18, 2011.

1. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

Saw one for sale at $250. I know nothing about them, is that a decent price or do I need much more info? (Serial number, etc...)

a303.jpg

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I would say its a bit high. I usually see sporterized 03a3's walking around the gunshows for between $150 and $200. But if it's a nice, professional looking job and you really like the rifle, go for it.

3. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

not too bad. I got one for $125, but the stock was junk. Got everything sorted out on it and now its awesome. The action is kind of slow and not very smooth in the sense of fluid movement, but they are good guns. I was told to stick to 150gr bullets or so for best accuracy if it has a factory barrel like mine. With some 180gr reloads I could get about 1.5" at 100yds. Could probably tighten it up with other powders, but still not bad for a field/hunting gun. If you want to mount a scope, Leupold is pretty much the only way to go. Might be a drill and tap job though.