JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, just picked up this very nice Remington rolling block in 7mm Spanish Mauser.
It's missing the left side pin retainer plate, otherwise complete. Barrel is amazing!!
Just curious if anyone here is into these or know anything about them?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

These were used a lot in Mexico, Central and South America.
You can see lots of pictures of these the hands of various revolutionaries and army troops alike.
I owned one for a bit and it shot really nice.
Do you have the Model 1897 or 1902 ?
The 1902 will have an ejector that will shoot out a empty shell 8-10 feet when you open the action.
In 1905 Remington stated that "Over 1,600, 000 of these celebrated military rifles have been made".
In 1905 you could buy this rifle for $20.00 , I think they are worth a little more now , LOL
Andy

I have owned and shot them in the past. The only one I have now is in .43 Spanish.

Your Rolling Block was chambered in 7x57mm before that cartridge became standardized. This can often be an issue when reloading that cartridge.

My choice of brass for conversion and reloading to 7x57mm in my Rolling Blocks was once fired, military 30-06 brass. The brass was thicker and gave me more reloads.

I use a reproduction rolling block 45-70 in Blackpowder Cartridge Rifle matches out to 1200 yards. Your 7mm ought to be good for mid range matches to 600 or so, depending on the barrel.
Did I see a full wrap forearm? That's rather unique from my experience.
The rolling block is a nice simple strong action. The trigger is usually a bit stout, but can be massaged without damaging original parts by making a new trigger return spring.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top