Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington Rolling Block 45-70 $725

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by oldcars, Mar 15, 2013.

1. oldcars

oldcars North Central Oregon Member

Hi, I have a Remington sporting rifle for sale, not a converted military. This rifle is still tight, has a nice trigger, and a great bore. The stock has had a repair (with brass plates) but it is a good one. I believe the rifle was a .32 caliber originaly and was re-bored to 45-70. The bottom of the barrel is marked 32 and the side is marked 45-70-405. It has a 28" octagon barrel, and what apears to be factory sights. Here is a good chance to have a real cowboy area "buffalo rifle" for less than a Italian reproduction.

I can email pictures, but I can't get them to post. austensclassics at yahoo.com (but with @ instead of " at " and no spaces) or call me 5o3-7o3-2874. I live in the gorge, but I am in Portland fairly often.

$725

2. oldcars

btt

3. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Yes, it was originally a .32 (rimfire?) according to the bottom of the barrel marking. Has the breech block been reworked for center fire? Do you know when it was re-bored? New stocks would be available from Treebone Carving in New Mexico. Remington Rolling Block stocks

4. magoo

magoo the grove Member

5. oldcars

I don't know who did the re-bore (assuming it has been?) the block does not look to have any modification, aperars to have always been a centerfire. I only think it has been re-bored because that is what a friend told me. The bore looks great. The stock is quite shootable as-is. The gun came out of an estate of a collector so I don't know much history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.