JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait a second.
Are there two recalls?
One for 700 XMP triggers and one for trigger connectors?

OK, I just called Allison in PDX
As I understand, the recall for older is over. 721, 2, &5 rifles are no longer covered

Last Edited:
I found this thread, almost started one. My very first high-powered rifle was a Remy model 710 in 7mm mag with scope combo. No problems whatsoever,.....until later. I was new to hunting and rifles in general, my good friend then told me to buy a budget rifle, off to Wally world we went. The 710 was on sale and the calibre sounded cool, did my NICS and paid my bill. Next day, sighted and shot my new toy with glee. With that power, I was smiling ear-to-ear. :D Took four deer in three years of service; that rifle was my gateway into the rifle shooting world. :D Since then, I have purchased several Remy's and sold/ traded them for CRF rifles; my preference now. I am down to 2 700s and the 710. After years of not shooting the 710, it now has a mechanical problem: when closing the bolt, it fires!!!!!!! :eek: I took the gun out to inspect and ready for the range. Unloaded, I closed the bolt and heard a click - that was the firing pin doing it's job. F@#k!!!! The one 700 in 270 Win has the X-Mark pro trigger and has not failed me, and the other 700 is a 300 WBY Classic from 1989. I will send the 710 back to Remy and maybe the 270 Win.

Sorry for being wordy. Any thoughts?

A landmark class action settlement involving some of Remington's most popular firearms has officially gone into effect, after critics of the agreement declined to take their case to the Supreme Court by a Tuesday deadline, according to an attorney for the plaintiffs.

That means that millions of owners of the iconic Model 700 rifle — and a dozen Remington models with similar designs — have 18 months to file claims for a free replacement of their guns' allegedly defective triggers. The guns have been linked in lawsuits to dozens of accidental deaths and hundreds of serious injuries, though Remington still maintains they are safe.

"Anyone with one of these guns should take advantage of this opportunity to get the trigger fixed," said Eric D. Holland, a lead attorney for the plaintiffs in the class action case. "I've encouraged everyone to put these guns away. Don't use these guns. Make the claims now."

A special website has been set up with information on how to file a claim, and there is also a toll-free hotline, 1-800-876-5940.

Remington rifle settlement, including free trigger replacement, is official
Remington moment

Mine was a good one but I got rid of it recently, nothing related to the rifle just the caliber. I will not buy a new one though, only remington I own now was made in 1912.

I found this thread, almost started one. My very first high-powered rifle was a Remy model 710 in 7mm mag with scope combo. No problems whatsoever,.....until later. I was new to hunting and rifles in general, my good friend then told me to buy a budget rifle, off to Wally world we went. The 710 was on sale and the calibre sounded cool, did my NICS and paid my bill. Next day, sighted and shot my new toy with glee. With that power, I was smiling ear-to-ear. :D Took four deer in three years of service; that rifle was my gateway into the rifle shooting world. :D Since then, I have purchased several Remy's and sold/ traded them for CRF rifles; my preference now. I am down to 2 700s and the 710. After years of not shooting the 710, it now has a mechanical problem: when closing the bolt, it fires!!!!!!! :eek: I took the gun out to inspect and ready for the range. Unloaded, I closed the bolt and heard a click - that was the firing pin doing it's job. F@#k!!!! The one 700 in 270 Win has the X-Mark pro trigger and has not failed me, and the other 700 is a 300 WBY Classic from 1989. I will send the 710 back to Remy and maybe the 270 Win.

Sorry for being wordy. Any thoughts?
Try to find a local gunsmith that is Remington Service qualified. Rather than send mine in,. I drove it about 45 minutes to the gunsmith. No worries about damage in route and had them bore site it while it was there. I am pretty sure that the gunsmith that I took mine too would have been where it ended up if I chose the mail in route. It didn't take very long, although I can't remember right offhand the exact time. I got a $40 Remington gift card that I never could use.

Try to find a local gunsmith that is Remington Service qualified. Rather than send mine in,. I drove it about 45 minutes to the gunsmith. No worries about damage in route and had them bore site it while it was there. I am pretty sure that the gunsmith that I took mine too would have been where it ended up if I chose the mail in route. It didn't take very long, although I can't remember right offhand the exact time. I got a $40 Remington gift card that I never could use.
Proprietary gift card?

Remington website as I recall or off of my registration card, and yes they were proprietary gift certificates that you could only use on their website.
I will look into the smiths for Remy. Shame on the gift cards! I am glad I discovered CZs and SAKOs when I did!

I will look into the smiths for Remy. Shame on the gift cards! I am glad I discovered CZs and SAKOs when I did!
There is nothing wrong with a good Remington 700. Mine is flawless and accurate. It is a .308 VTR (Varmint Target Rifle) with the triangular barrel for better heat dissipation over a round barrel. I do want to change the stock, but that is the only change that I would make. Remington has taken some hits lately, especially with their Marlin line, but they still make good rifles.

Both of mine already have timneys in them anyway, the factory triggers suck

Yeah when I first heard about the recall I decided I didn't have time for all that FFL stuff... I bet timney got a lot of money from guys like us during that time.

I'm very satisfied with my timney, I did not get the Remington 700 for the trigger but the action and the barrel.

So replacing the trigger was a no brainer, plus wasn't it some safety thing?

I prefer my guns with no safety, they should have just did that.

Yeah when I first heard about the recall I decided I didn't have time for all that FFL stuff... I bet timney got a lot of money from guys like us during that time.

I'm very satisfied with my timney, I did not get the Remington 700 for the trigger but the action and the barrel.

So replacing the trigger was a no brainer, plus wasn't it some safety thing?

I prefer my guns with no safety, they should have just did that.
If I remember right, it had to do with the trigger mechanism allowing the firing pin to engage with no help from the user. I am not sure thtthey figured out all of the bugs except that replacing the trigger solved the problem..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top