JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it just Remington Ammo?
This would seem to imply that their supplier (whoever that is) has notified them

"Remington has been notified by its supplier of 17 HMR ammunition that 17 HMR ammunition is not suitable for use in semi-automatic firearms"

I just received this info and they would also like to buy back the model 597 17 HMR semi-automatic remington rifle. If this is old its the first Ive heard of it
and have talked with owners of the 17 HMR that also have'nt heard of this. Like I said F.Y.I. And yes it was just the remington ammo. This is in the may2011
American Rifleman. You may call Remington consumer service Dept. 1-800-243-9700, prompt. #3

I just received this info and they would also like to buy back the model 597 17 HMR semi-automatic remington rifle. If this is old its the first Ive heard of it
and have talked with owners of the 17 HMR that also have'nt heard of this. Like I said F.Y.I. And yes it was just the remington ammo. This is in the may2011
American Rifleman. You may call Remington consumer service Dept. 1-800-243-9700, prompt. #3

Here is the link to the original press release in August of 2009.......Remington Issues Product Safety Notice Warning

I guess I just like my 22 mag. enough that I must not of notice it. Still seems strange that they would have reissued the warning. Anyway thanks for the info

I guess I just like my 22 mag. enough that I must not of notice it. Still seems strange that they would have reissued the warning. Anyway thanks for the info

I have both calibers and like both equaly for different purposes. Not sure why the Remington is the only line having the issues and not the Hornady, CCI, or Federal. Winchester had a recall on some of the 22 mag a couple years ago but I didnt have that production run.

Yea like the name I was going to pick up a 9417 for speculation but didn't now there a little pricey. Bi-mart seems to keep the ammo in stock and probably the best prices in town. What set up are you using to put that little round down range deadeye

Yea like the name I was going to pick up a 9417 for speculation but didn't now there a little pricey. Bi-mart seems to keep the ammo in stock and probably the best prices in town. What set up are you using to put that little round down range deadeye

For 22mag I use a Erma EM22, looks like a M1carbine, a Ruger 96/22mag, a couple single six's, Taurus 941, NAA mini, and a couple AMT automag 2's (semi pistols). Needless to say I have a few rounds for them stocked up.

For 17 I use a couple Savage 93 pre accutrigger with Rifle Basix sears set at 13oz pulls.

Well looks like we shoot a few of the same toys. I don't know when you picked up your ammo but I hope like me you got most of it before Mr. "O" came to office lot cheaper back then. I was lucky to find a good deal on a ruger 10/22 mag. But I really like my 94 LOL Kind of a nut about Winchesters. The last time I was down your way I found a couple of good deals on a three screw 44 ruger and a 32 special 94 ( 1899 ) You guys have alot better show then we have up here in P town

Well looks like we shoot a few of the same toys. I don't know when you picked up your ammo but I hope like me you got most of it before Mr. "O" came to office lot cheaper back then. I was lucky to find a good deal on a ruger 10/22 mag. But I really like my 94 LOL Kind of a nut about Winchesters. The last time I was down your way I found a couple of good deals on a three screw 44 ruger and a 32 special 94 ( 1899 ) You guys have alot better show then we have up here in P town

I definately stocked up when it was cheaper and I have been looking at this....... <broken link removed>

for another plinker.

That is sweet. I feel like my head has been buried in the sand I didn't know Kahr had bought magnum research. I knew they bought out auto Ord. I have an early 44 mag. from them and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Hey did you notice what they are doing about there 17's. Really puts Remington to shame

That is sweet. I feel like my head has been buried in the sand I didn't know Kahr had bought magnum research. I knew they bought out auto Ord. I have an early 44 mag. from them and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Hey did you notice what they are doing about there 17's. Really puts Remington to shame

Yep I saw the barrel swap out offer on those. I myself would just buy another from Green Mountain or ? and hold onto the 17 barrel. I've been contemplating buying another 96/22mag and switching out to 17HMR for a good lever 17. Butler Creek is putting dual extractor slots on all the new ones but maybe go with the GM with a weighted taper.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top