JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
check out the reviews! Nothing good to say, failure to feed and recoil is murderess.

I have seen some decent reviews as well. I don't like the new wobbly plastic trigger though. I do like collecting the semi modern non-browning system pistols (HK p7, HK p9, Walther P5, Steyr GB, beretta cougar). Everyone is trying to make the better mousetrap, and usually failing, by cost if nothing else. But a lot of times the fixed barrel versions are super accurate and fun to shoot, and interesting if not better. I will probably pick this up if someone comes out with an aftermarket trigger.

I like the idea of brining back and older design dor the modern world. I wish it would have succeeded as the market get stale after awhile. The R51 could have been a great succes had it met the marketing hype. It may have a long future, but the damage to is done.

I did buy a different Remington design, the RM380. I won't make a general recommendation to buy one, but specifically if you have a weakness in your hand, it is easy to rack and is accurate I don't like shooting it though.

I did buy a different Remington design, the RM380. I won't make a general recommendation to buy one, but specifically if you have a weakness in your hand, it is easy to rack and is accurate I don't like shooting it though.
My 1911 from Remington has been flawless and very accurate. I love it and was happy to see them come out with a 6" 10mm version!

Many guns had teething problems when introduced. The XDS comes to mind. They first came out my LGS got a few in, had a bitone on hand, I handled it and really liked the way it felt and it seemed so smooth. I knew better though so I held off.

Sure enough.... PROBLEMS. It has been a few years and SA has everything ironed out and the XDS is thought to be a good gun now.

I still would not mind having one but I'm not so worried about it any more, bought a SA 1911 .45 and like that. I'll stick with my little Kel-Tec PF9 for carry.

Point is no manufacturer has it all figured out, even if they think they do, they usually don't.

If Remington keeps at it, they will iron out all the issues and the gun will be reliable. Question is when?

///

Too bad. I was interested. emphasis on was. Remington's transition to the dark side is complete... That makes the score 0 for about everything from the Freedom group AKA Cerberus capital. Bought Rohrbaugh, out of business with only a crappy Remington 380 to show for it, bought Para, now gone, Remington circling the drain.

Too bad. I was interested. emphasis on was. Remington's transition to the dark side is complete... That makes the score 0 for about everything from the Freedom group AKA Cerberus capital. Bought Rohrbaugh, out of business with only a crappy Remington 380 to show for it, bought Para, now gone, Remington circling the drain.
In their defence my R1 Enhanced is flawless, accurate and a joy to.shoot. i wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

So here is my mini RM-380 thoughts

Mini-mini review of a RM-380

One thing to note a Baby Uplula will not work loading these magazines, as they appear to be modified longer (Fore & Aft) 9MM magazines. You do get two magazines with the gun.

The trigger pull was long and notchy and had me flinch a time or two. The recoil from the PMC was stronger than the other pocket pistols using the same PMC Bronze. The first time trying to rack a round in must have been weak on my part as it fail to go into battery. I re-racked and had no similar problems after that. Fourteen rounds fired with good accuracy. The recoil was causing my index finger to strike the trigger guard, after the fourteen rounds I switched to the support side.

I then shot fourteen rounds of Fiochetti, which have even more recoil, but my finger stayed on the trigger and accuracy was more impressive.

Continuing to us my support hand (Left) to fire the gun I shot the Geco loaded magazine. Decent recoil and good accuracy. The Tulammo loaded magazine had similar results.

The last Magazine was loaded with Underwood XTP to validate a Self Defense load, not quite as accurate as the other ammunition, but more than acceptable.

All forty-nine rounds fired, no malfunctions in this limited test. The gun seem dependable, easy to rack. It is not as friendly to the shooter when at the range, but it does work and is better than average accurate. Easily concealed, a true pocket pistol. Not my first, second, or third choice. I do not need an easy racking gun, as I was able to rack all seven guns shot today and I favor many of the others over this one.

R51 V2.

Different, quirky, fugly, interesting. Looks a bit like a phaser.

It's got a sort of retro 30's art deco streamline "modern" style that i dig.

I'll own one once the rest of my arsenal is fleshed out. Probably get an original as well.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gunsandammo.com%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F07%2Fremington_r51_update_F2.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fc2%2F69%2F66%2Fc26966dd191fef0f3bed83b2184aba40.jpg

?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm5.staticflickr.com%2F4094%2F4822675722_ce92c93485_z.jpg

Love it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews