JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a table top review of the 2nd generation of the R51. This is the one that is supposed to have fixed all of the original manufacturing problems.

I had been kinda waiting for this. I had planned to wait to make sure the problems were fixed, then buy one. I may have to see one in person too. Not liking the plastic trigger.

I don't know, I was kind of intrigued by the Gen 1 model, but since I have a general policy about not being an early adopter of new tech, I stayed away. After the debacle that was the Gen 1, this new model would have to be out on the market for a year or two, with glowing reviews, before I would even consider it. I guess we'll have to see if Remington can convince enough people to risk their money a second time.

You can't fix what ain't broke.
I like my 100 year old model 51
Carries and shoot well. and I can rely on it too!
upload_2016-7-13_17-28-43.png

Can it officially go back? Utter garbage, and they shoved it down our throats that it was innovative, and reliable. I remember their YouTube video showed a pile of brass on the ground, but never ahowed more than three shots fired consecutively. No freaking way I'm falling for their claims. Plenty other guns in that size are 100% reliable.

Last Edited:
Frankly I'm not sure why they even bothered bringing it back. The 1.0 version probably killed >80% of the enthusiasm for it so sales would probably be modest at best even if this second go ends up relatively reliable and well-made.

I am HOPING beyond hope this new version is reliable... I really like the concept but too am waiting to see if I can trust it enough to invest in version 2.0

Frankly I'm not sure why they even bothered bringing it back. The 1.0 version probably killed >80% of the enthusiasm for it so sales would probably be modest at best even if this second go ends up relatively reliable and well-made.

I think Remington felt like they needed to bring it back to save whatever face they could. At least by fixing it (if they did) and getting replacements to the original adopters, it makes them look a little better in the face of massive embarrassment. I think they have ruled out any chance of profit, they just felt like they needed to follow through.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top