JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just came across this gun while cruising the internet. Curious to know if anyone here has one, and what your opinion of it is. Might be something to add to the farm's toolbox someday.

1D7E6417-05AD-4326-B1F4-CA83BDC8F6C7.jpeg

i have an R1 enhanced with threaded barrel. single stack. i really like it. and ive shot plenty of 1911s these are as good as any springfield, s&w, or other "big brands" out there IMO. only thing i wish was different was better checkering on the frontstrap.

rumor has it, these are all made on Para's tooling.

Remington Announces Para Integration

I have a Remington R1S Enhanced single stack in .45. It is my favorite pistol ever. The trigger is superb. It has never failed to feed anything I've put in it. It is butter smooth and solid as a rock. I'm more accurate with it than any other pistol I've ever owned. I think that about covers it. Oh, it's also sexy.

GunInv2016-1911-4.jpg

I've been wanting to grab an R1 but they don't make the version I want. I want the R1 enhanced in 9mm and threaded. They make it in 9mm and they make the 45 in an enhanced/threaded version but not in 9mm.

Remington did buy Para, but Remington has been a player since they re-introduced their version of the 1911, the R1, in 2010. I hesitate to say they are Series 80 as far as I know (As is Para). Just looking at the owner comments in this thread, that does not hurt them one little bit. I would be comfortable buying either their single or double stack guns.
Edit, my Avatar is a Para double stack for what that's worth (Son's gun now)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top