JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
I have a Remington model 8 in 30-30 rem
It needs some work it shoots as is but the stock is in need of a lot of work
I have the stock it's not in the pic because it's at a shop in line to get repaired. Once I pick it up I will post it.
Would definitely recommend going over whole rifle
It has been cerakoted because there was no finish on it when I got it and it was starting to rust.
Bore is rough.
More photos available if requested.
Asking $500 OBO
Open to trades let me know what you got.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I'm not particularly versed in ammunition varieties, but is 30-30 the same as 30-30 rem? If so what kind of trades are you looking for?
it uses the same dies and load data but its rimless.
its also call 30 Remington
so standard 30-30 win does not work in it.
If you are stilling interested in trades I like odd calibers and odd rifles/pistols. Also looking for savage actions or whole rifles at this time.

it uses the same dies and load data but its rimless.
its also call 30 Remington
so standard 30-30 win does not work in it.
If you are stilling interested in trades I like odd calibers and odd rifles/pistols. Also looking for savage actions or whole rifles at this time.
I'll dm you, I have a few wierd things that I could possibly trade. I definitely think this is super cool

I become more curious about this round. I was looking at brass/ammo options for the 30 Remington. Brass seems scarce to non-existent but reports are you might be able to make from necking down 32 Remington brass which is available. I've got no actual proof on this but may be worth checking into.

30 Remington ammo link:

32 Remington brass link:

I become more curious about this round. I was looking at brass/ammo options for the 30 Remington. Brass seems scarce to non-existent but reports are you might be able to make from necking down 32 Remington brass which is available. I've got no actual proof on this but may be worth checking into.

30 Remington ammo link:

32 Remington brass link:
I have heard people can turn 30-30 into it by just lathe turning the rim off and cutting a extractor groove but that's too much work for me. I would imagine you can neck down 32 brass just like for 32 win special to 30-30

I have heard people can turn 30-30 into it by just lathe turning the rim off and cutting a extractor groove but that's too much work for me. I would imagine you can neck down 32 brass just like for 32 win special to 30-30
Yep, read that too. Seems like a lot of work to convert the 30-30. Plus how many of us have lathe access to mess around with?
What year is your Model 8? My Model 81 is from 1938 (if my memory serves me correctly).

Last Edited:
Yep, read that too. Seems like a lot of work to convert the 30-30. Plus how many of us have lathe access to mess around with?
What year is your Model 8? My Model 81 is from 1934 (if my memory serves me correctly).
I dont know, for sure if I found the correct year but around 1908 from my googling. Number is 16xxx

For serial number lookup:

Looks like you are correct. It's amazing to think only less than 5000 were made that year and you've got one of them…great piece of history. Have you been able to shoot it?
I got to shoot it twice with borrowed ammo and that's it. I have been trying to find some brass for it but I have not been looking hard as other projects kept coming up.

I got to shoot it twice with borrowed ammo and that's it. I have been trying to find some brass for it but I have not been looking hard as other projects kept coming up.
GLWTS! Great piece of history you have. Unfortunately, I have spent too much money on other history pieces (think 1 Swedish & 1 German Mauser) recently or I'd be considered this as a nice project rifle to own. I love oddball calibers that not everyone owns and this definitely would fit that description!

GLWTS! Great piece of history you have. Unfortunately, I have spent too much money on other history pieces (think 1 Swedish & 1 German Mauser) recently or I'd be considered this as a nice project rifle to own. I love oddball calibers that not everyone owns and this definitely would fit that description!
Thank you for the info. I like odd calibers as well, but I have not had time to give this one the attention it needs so I am passing it on.

Thank you for the info. I like odd calibers as well, but I have not had time to give this one the attention it needs so I am passing it on.
Makes sense. The rumor mill is that the Model 8, or 81, was the rifle that Frank Hammer used to shoot the crap out of Bonnie & Clyde and their car. Modified version with removable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds. It's amazing to think these were semi-automatic rifles that could fire 5 shots as fast as you could pull the trigger in the very early 1900's.

Makes sense. The rumor mill is that the Model 8, or 81, was the rifle that Frank Hammer used to shoot the crap out of Bonnie & Clyde and their car. Modified version with removable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds. It's amazing to think these were semi-automatic rifles that could fire 5 shots as fast as you could pull the trigger in the very early 1900's.
oh yeah, its a very cool rifle and the recoil impulse is nothing like other rifles at all.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.