JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took the R1 out to the range today. I was impressed.

I shot 100 rounds of Blazer (brass) rounds & the gun fed it flawlessly. It was so consistant that I was even able to find 99 spent rounds.

I really liked the front red-glow sight it made for quick & easy target acquisition.

The first 50 rounds I was hitting a target the size of a pie-plate at 25 yards. After adjusting the sights a wee bit, the second 50 rounds was mostly in the center ring which was around 5".

I carried a Sig Sauer P226 9mm on duty for 18 years & have always thought Sig's were the best. This gun makes me realize why the 1911 platform is so popular.

I'm very happy with my new Enhanced R1!

Cheers!

I own a basic R1 that has had a Wilson combat hammer, Lt. Wt. trigger and Beavertail installed and then what I can only assume to be one of the best trigger jobs anyone has ever done on a 1911. I have had guys who make part of their living tuning 1911's tell me how nice it is. I bought it used (with less then a box of ammo through it) for $600.00 when the owner needed money to complete a short sale on a house.

There is nothing about the pistol I would want changed it is extremely accurate the trigger is a joy and the function with any of my handloads is flawless.

If they ever make a 3.25" barrel version I'll buy one of them too.

I have a son-in-law to be that has a Remington and it's been a good gun for him. I've not shot it to make a comparison, but I've heard nothing but good things about the Remington 1911s.
We have a Ruger 5" and it has been flawless from day one. To begin with the trigger was a bit "mushy", but that went away with use.

"Series 70" vs "80" (in quotes cuz these aren't Colts!) is extremely important to me in a carry gun. In a range toy, it's a non issue as long as the gun has a decent trigger.

FYI, anyone who doubts Ruger's "casting" is way out of date. Ruger's cast parts are often stronger than a forged, machined part. Do a little looking and you'll find the testing on the Ruger 77 bolt lugs compared to a machined "steel" bolt's lugs. True, some MIM (metal injected molding) parts are not on par with steel, but you'll not have this problem with a Ruger.

I carry a Dan Wesson. But the price difference is enough that one could have 2 1911s instead of one.
;)

...FYI, anyone who doubts Ruger's "casting" is way out of date. Ruger's cast parts are often stronger than a forged, machined part. Do a little looking and you'll find the testing on the Ruger 77 bolt lugs compared to a machined "steel" bolt's lugs. True, some MIM (metal injected molding) parts are not on par with steel, but you'll not have this problem with a Ruger ....

35 years ago I used to make investment cast parts (like the process Ruger uses) that wound up as frames and compressor fans for jet engines, parts for jet fighter aircraft and the space shuttle. It truly amazes me that all these years later there is so much misinformation.

35 years ago I used to make investment cast parts (like the process Ruger uses) that wound up as frames and compressor fans for jet engines, parts for jet fighter aircraft and the space shuttle. It truly amazes me that all these years later there is so much misinformation.

Did you work at PCC?

I own neither the R1 nor the SR1911. Since they're both pretty awesome-looking 1911's at a good price, I would ALWAYS choose the Ruger over the Remington right now. Remington (Freedom Group) is progressively going down the tubes, but Ruger is strong and always moving forward.

I, for one, would much prefer to go STI!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top