Remington or Ruger 1911

Reactions
I've been shopping for another 1911. I have several customized one's but this time I just wanted a low cost shooter.

I went into my favorite gun store with the intent of buying the full-size Ruger. They were asking $699.99 before sales tax another 8.6%. Thus $760.00 out the door. I've always wanted a Ruger since they were introduced.

The owner is a great guy & had just taken in on trade a very slightly used Remington R1 enhanced. It was a blued version which I kind of prefer. He offered to me for $644.00, so with sales tax it was an even $700.00.

Tough desision.

I went & did some other errands while I thought about it. Two hours I went in and decided on the Remington.

Opinions?

WAYNO

Reactions
I have owned two R-1's (not enhanced) and own a couple Rugers.

They all functioned flawlessly, and I think they're both great guns, especially for the price.

So if you prefer the Remington, that's the best choice for you.

Ruger will remain the choice for me.

WAYNO.

Last edited:
Reactions
Sounds like you already got the remington? I don't think I'd buy a series 80 and if I had one I'd convert it to series 70. Rugers are made in usa and have cast frames. I'd kick in a few hundred more and get a dan wesson heritage blem.

Reactions
I held both of them a couple months back,I liked the Ruger better and just as the OP prefers blued, I prefer stainless. But as much as looking and talking and posing and posting and chatting it up does, I'd really like to shoot them both. I'm sure I could tell you what I would buy. The .45 I ended up buying offers more function than vanity.

Reactions
I have owned both and the R1 was more accurate, did not rattle like the Ruger (grip safety fit was very poor), and the internal parts were "cleaner" resulting in a smoother trigger pull.
The Ruger is well built, dependable, and probably more accurate than most can shoot. The rattle was a negative for me and the R1's fiber optic front sight was a bonus.
It is a good looking stainless version of the 1911.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom