JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay that's weird I thought gun makers had amnesty if their product is used incorrectly? Am I missing something?
Yes. I am surprised Remington is rolling over this easily. The PLCAA protects gun makers and retailers from liability occurring from the misuse of their products. The CT Supreme Court ruled that this lawsuit could go forward, which does appear to directly violate federal law.

"The lawsuit said that Remington shouldn't have been selling a weapon of that caliber to the public, and the company marketed the gun to young, at-risk males." Young, anus-brained males more likely.

"The families who filed the lawsuit said their goal was to prevent more mass shootings in the future" How is their free money gonna have any role in preventaion??

3.7 mil each, I'll bet they were hoping for more than that.
Well they can afford a house in Bend now. Oh bubblegum! That means they're coming this way!!!! 🤣

I am surprised Remington is rolling over this easily.
I just read today that the payout is coming from two companies that insured Remington. The settlements were offered by insurance companies Ironshore and James River. It's only a guess, but there is a good chance that these two companies were helping pay the bills to fight the lawsuit. Once the court ruled against Remington, they came forward with the settlements. Settlement is often the cheaper way out. They could keep up the legal battle, spend who knows how much on lawyers for who knows how long, then still lose in the courtroom. This being a highly emotional issue, a jury could award some sky-high judgement that is way more than $33 million. Way more. It's a business decision.

Last Edited:
This is akin to apologizing to the woke mob for doing American stuff you've done your entire life. Total morons.
It is an odd thing, but seems to be in vogue with those of unsound mind. My mentally ill crackhead brother keeps insisting I repent to him for things I've never done to him all the while sending me passive aggressive text messages threatening legal action against me for being the executor of our dad's estate.

That is like saying it is the forks fault Rosie O'donnell is fat. The only thing Remington should be on the hook for is running a very good company into the ground. Their actions since being taken over by the investment group have been a case study on how to take a once proud and respected company with very good products and screw it up so badly it goes bankrupt. Makes me sad that greed can be so blind.

Perhaps.....
A new warning should be included with every firearm purchase? And of course, free warnings could also be sent/offered to any new owners (of used firearms) or to anyone who might have lost their warnings. I guess the offer should also be available to holders of stolen firearms (and off record firearms too).

Warning. If you are gonna commit MURDER, or any crime, or if you're CRAZY, and/or suicidal.....Do NOT use this product.

Would that work?

Aloha, Mark

Yup....think of a world where.....
Instead of a printed WARNING on the cup or a verbal, "Careful, that's hot." Or common sense that some beverages are hot.....

"You will take your coffee at room temperature....and like it."

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES, I read the circumstances of the injury and the extent of the injury. It was sad. But then, I still contend that sometimes.....
Cant_fix_stupid.jpg

Then.....
Perhaps the car maker should have also been named in the suit?
You know.......not enough cup holders.

Last Edited:
People sue restaurants for getting burned by hot coffee they spill on themselves, so I imagine the scenario you describe isn't too far from reality.
This case is often cited as an egregious lawsuit, but in actuality it's more complex than that. That 79 year old woman spent eight days in hospital with 3rd degree burns covering 16% of her body, requiring debridement and skin grafts, causing permanent scarring, and disabling her for two years. McDonalds admitted that their coffee was "not fit for consumption" at the temperatures it was served at, and would cause 3rd degree burns in two to seven seconds if spilled, and that they did not provide any sort of warning about that temperature.

The woman initially offered to settle for $20,000 to cover her medical bills (imagine what that would cost today, yeesh) and McDonalds refused. As a result of that case, McDonalds lowered the temperature of their coffee when served from 180-190 degrees (causing 3rd degree burns in as little as two seconds) to under 160 degrees, which would take around a minute to cause 3rd degree burns, increasing the margin of safety by a long measure.

Their coffee was unsafe to serve, they refused to settle, and got their bubblegum handed to them for it.

(All that said, Remington shouldn't be and is not liable for Sandy Hook. I assume settling is an insurance-directed action to save money.)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top