JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I picked up one of these with the nickle finish , I cant belive how great they realy shoot. mine has the black stock though. it was one of the most produced. I think your price is right, look forward to seeing yor picks.

Nylon 66: Have owned two (first was the chrome/Apache Black: it was stolen). Have the Mohawk brown one now. Probably the best .22 in the world for snap-shooting (Remington used to run full-page magazine ads with a guy sitting on top of a mountain of what I think was 1,044 wood blocks that were consecutively tossed in the air and smacked.)

Cool thing: If you're a rapid fire idiot (like I was as a teenager), you can increase the magazine capacity of your Nylon a bit by loading more than its capacity in the tube, allow the extended tube to rest against your shoulder while you work the trigger, the magazine receding to normal position during the extended cycle. I think specified capacity is 15. If you are a young, dumb teen (or occasionally want to regain being young and dumb) you can go for 20 rounds or so. Limited only by your arm length and the tube length.

Bad thing: If you choose to install a scope, you have to be very careful not to bump the scope, and check your sight setting on a regular basis. The dovetail on top of the sheet metal receiver (which is only a shroud over the true nylon receiver) is actually not directly attached to the barrel in any way. I am toying with the idea of drilling through the shroud where it extends over the barrel, tapping the barrel, and putting a set screw in there to achieve attachment.

Another Bad thing: Avoid copious (or any) amount of Hoppe's in the action. My buddy in high school destroyed his 66 by flooding it regularly with Hoppe's. We found the extended exposure softened and ruined the nylon ball-bearings that the action rides on. This might apply to more modern solvents as well. Barrel: yes. Action: no.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.