Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Remington No 3??

Reactions
Anyone know anything about this and what it might me worth? Its a 50-70 cal

IMG-4114.jpg

IMG-4115.jpg

IMG-4116.jpg

IMG-4117.jpg

IMG-4119.jpg

Anyone know anything about this and what it might me worth? Its a 50-70 cal

IMG-4114.jpg

IMG-4115.jpg

IMG-4116.jpg

IMG-4117.jpg

IMG-4119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyinEverson

Reactions
Neat looking rifle...these are nice rifles and actions....Many were made , for both the US and over seas markets.
As for worth :
Bore condition...
Any unit , "US" or Police markings...?
If its been "over cleaned" or has newer made replacement parts...
If its "put together" gun , made from surplus parts , by say a company like Bannerman's or some other turn of the century gun parts company...
What it is worth in one part of the country , may be vastly different in another part...or even time frame of when you go to sell it....gun guys can be fickle that way...
What it is worth at a gun show that caters to the Cowboy Action Crowd will be different that a when it is at a show that has more modern rifles...

I'd guess at $800 on up....Note I said guess....Not for sure and there are lots of variables and hazards at getting a "worth value" with just online pictures and not actually seeing the gun.
Andy

OP
BLUE COLLAR IRONS
Reactions
Neat looking rifle...these are nice rifles and actions....Many were made for both the US and over seas markets.
As for worth :
Bore condition...
Any unit , "US" or Police markings...?
If its been "over cleaned" or has newer made replacement parts...
If its "put together" gun , made from surplus parts , by say a company like Bannerman's or some other turn of the century gun parts company...
What it is worth in one part of the country , may be vastly different in another part...or even time frame of when you go to sell it....gun guys can be fickle that way...
What it is worth at a gun show that caters to the Cowboy Action Crowd will be different that a when it is at a show that has more modern rifles...

I'd guess at $800 on up....Note I said guess....Not for sure and there are lots of variables and hazards at getting a "worth value" with just online pictures and not actually seeing the gun.
Andy
Thanks Andy!

Reactions
Given bolt configurations, caliber, bbl band, butt, sight, it sure looks like a New York Militia contract rifle. The trigger guard usually has provision for, or actually includes, a steel sling loop which yours appears not to have.

Brief description:
NEW YORK STATE REMINGTON ROLLING BLOCK MILITIA RIFLE — Horse Soldier

Given the extremely weak action and the old, stale iron frame, value is minimal. I feel so bad for you that I'd give you $150 for it. (More than most local gun shops.)

Similar, low-value New Yorks:
Model 1872 New York State Militia Rolling Block | Collectors Weekly

NEW YORK STATE REMINGTON ROLLING BLOCK MILITIA RIFLE — Horse Soldier

Rock Island Auction: Remington New York State Militia Contract Rolling Block Rifle

~SOLD~Remington Rolling Block New York Militia Pattern

User 1234

Reactions
Those all sold for over $1200 so I think $150 is far too low. I would second Andy’s $800 estimate. Right now gun sales are soft so unless a collector wants this specific model it would take awhile to sell.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley