JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I said. My SPS varmint in .308 with the magpul stock: one raged hole at 100 yards and dial the vortex hs lr 6x24x50 up 7.5moa with the elevation turret at 350 yards and hit a 3x5" card leaning over the hood of a pickup. You can't go wrong with the Remington, not a waste of money. I have right at $750 into rifle and stock with discounts after tax.

image.jpg

I wish Remington made a .246 cal variant in either the SPS varmint or the long range.

Only Rem 700 with a bull barrel in a .264 cal for under $1k is the Rem 700 Magpul or that weird VTR thing.

I wish Remington made a .246 cal variant in either the SPS varmint or the long range.

Only Rem 700 with a bull barrel in a .264 cal for under $1k is the Rem 700 Magpul or that weird VTR thing.

To be honest you get a lot more in the Remington magpul. I.e. Threaded barrel, cerakote, 5R barrel!!!!!, and to be fair a 26" barrel like mine is long....I say go for remmy, you seriously can't go wrong. Those 5R barrels are sweet!

To be honest you get a lot more in the Remington magpul. I.e. Threaded barrel, cerakote, 5R barrel!!!!!, and to be fair a 26" barrel like mine is long....I say go for remmy, you seriously can't go wrong. Those 5R barrels are sweet!

Let me put it this way, if they had the Remington magpul last year at this time, I would have bought it over the sps varmint. I bought the varmint because I wanted a bull barrel longer than 20" and 26" was the next step. I have thought about cutting mine to 22" or 24" and threading it but haven't because it shoots so well.

Can't go wrong with a heavy barreled action on a Remington in .308 except the Ruger American Ranch that I have. Both rifles shoot damn fine on handloads.

Seriously though, you buy a model 700 for the action and knowing that any competent gun smith can work on it.... unlike a Ruger MKII and trying to change a barrel.

Midway has the SA Magpul stock on sale for $209. Not that it matters because I don't think you can get a 700 in 260 other than the Magpul ( or other more expensive models).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top