Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington Model 34 bolt needed......

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by tac, Nov 21, 2013.

1. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, I need your help. A friend of mine in the Republic of Ireland had put his precious old Remington Model 34 into a gunsmith for some work, and

1. the gunsmith seems to be encountering 'temporary financial difficulties'.

2. The gun, along with a few others, has been temporarily lodged with the Garda station in nearby Athlone, for the owner to collect.

3. The bolt has disappeared.

This particular model rifle was never imported into the UK, so there is totally no hope of getting a spare bolt hereabouts for him.

If any of you has such a thing, I'd be very grateful [and offering $$$$] if it could be sent to him over in Ireland. Numrich are out of stock, and likely to be forever

PM me with any details, please, and thanks in advance.

tac
    President - Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland [www.vcrai.com]

2. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I saw a complete model 34 tonight for $99...maybe you could use it for a parts gun.

3. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Thanks Velzey - the OP has now found a complete gun in better condition that his at a local [Irish] dealer, and posted the details on www.boards.ie/shooting.......

How he makes the serial number on the bolt match the receiver he had is his problem.

Best

tac
    VCRAI