JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got this rifle and I'm not at all familiar with it, but have been googling like a madman. It's Remington 1903 in 30-06, serial number 313xxxx.

On the barrel, right in front of the receiver, there is a groove about 3/4 of an inch long. Is this supposed to be there? I've been told it was but wan't to make sure that's it's not just a crack.
Below the front site it's marked "R A" then a symbol, then 3-42, reciever is stamped U.S. Remington Model 1903 followed by the serial number. Has Lyman peep sight and the butt plate on the stock has "Bishop" on it. Definately not the original stock
Should this rifle be safe to shoot standard 30-06 hunting rounds like Remington Cor Lokt or others?

Other than the groove on the barrel this rifle appears to be in excellent shape

YOur serial number is not as high as you suggest so I can advise you based on the little bit of info you have shared about the rifle. DO take the time to read the CMP article and do some googling on the rifle its amazing how much info is available on 1903 Springfields

WOW I wouldn't fire that rifle until I had a good gunsmith check it out throughly. That gash in the metal is in no way normal. Your receiver is in the later production that should have no problems with any use you want to use it for. But that barrel would scare me.

The serial number is a high one, it's safe to shoot. The groove machined at the breach end of the barrel is normal, they all have it.

If the bolt appears to have been changed you may want to check the head space.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top