JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DSC03532 (358x800).jpg DSC03532 (358x800).jpg DSC03530 (800x603).jpg Remington Model 17 Shotgun ... Blueing Question .... OR ... Re-Blueing Question .....

I picked up this 20ga. pump Ser # 1892 ... I am guesing it has been re-blued , but I have never seen a re-blue job so shiney .... its hard to see in the picture , but you can see your reflection in it .... Any one have any info on this ?

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

They were made between 1921-1933. At the least, it's over 81 years old.
It looks like a quality re-blue to me. I would think that any firearm that vintage would have some age & patina showing.
The stock looks refinished also.

They are sought after. Good condition ones go from $350.00 on up to $675.00 for really nice ones.
Most folks claim that they are the smoothest working pump action and well made.
It was the forerunner for the Ithaca 37, Remington 31 and also the Browning BPS.

Neat gun! From the pics it looks "blacker" then the factory bluing. As already mentioned, you would expect to see some missing bluing/patina on a gun that old, but there are sure to be a few unicorns out there. Also, as already mentioned, precursor to other shotguns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top