JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking to trade my pre-1912 Mod 11 riot gun for a mod 870 or a Mossberg 500 series pump gun.

When I bought this gun it had a 28" barrel with a funky adjustable Weaver choke system on it. After doing a little research on it and finding there wasn't really any great collector value, I took it out and shot it. It digested every modern 12GA round I fed through it from bird shot to 00 buck and tactical slug loads. I decided at that point it was a shooter and not a wall hanger, so I took it to gunsmith neighbor (every neighborhood should have at least one) and had him put a nice square cut on the barrel (18.5" - yeah, it's legal). I added the lightpipe fiber optic front site (OK not a period piece, but they work great), the old school leather sling I found at a gun show to end up with a useful and interesting house gun that happens to be 100 or so years old. (it has the safety in front of the trigger, not the later cross bolt that Remington went to in 1912).

It shoots great albeit with a firm kick for an autoloader, and since it's very similar to the Browning Auto 5 (built under John Browning's original patent), and parts are pretty easy to find online if you need them.

Anyway, finish and wood are in great shape for the age. No cracks in the wood. This was a fun project, but I'm looking for an 870 or 500 series pump in trade and I don't want this one to just sit in the safe. Prefer a trade, but will sell for $275 cash. WA residents only, FTF only with valid WA State ID (no shipping). More/better pics to come soon.

Mod11.JPG

John Dillinger (not a role model, kids) used the Model 11 a bunch. Check out The Whipit:

DillingercrewRem11s.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.