JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's jumping the gun. Wind back the clock. I doubt the mother was influenced by the marketing campaign aimed at young men. We don't know because her son murdered her. She had one of America's most popular firearms. Nothing unusual there. It's unfortunate she or her ex didn't acknowledge what a fruit cake they had on hand.
Tongue in cheek.

Fun Fact! I just discovered that---

A settlement is NOT legal precedent.

Kinda like Prince Andrew's settlement with the girl he statutorily raped is not an admission of guilt.

This settlement is not as bad as I thought it was.

Fun Fact! I just discovered that---

A settlement is NOT legal precedent.

Kinda like Prince Andrew's settlement with the girl he statutorily raped is not an admission of guilt.

This settlement is not as bad as I thought it was.
Very true from a strictly legal perspective .

Unfortunately, this society focuses on the results of the court of public opinion. And now that big money is going out , others will feel entitled to compensation as well. Had this settlement been reached with the addition of a simple NDA , then the news wouldn't be flogging it in the street.

To be blunt here :
Suing a firearm company after a criminal uses their product , in the commission of a crime is ridiculous.
After all....
A firearm can do nothing by itself.
The firearm company is not at fault here....the criminal is the one who did the harm.

The criminal is the one who used the firearm in a dangerous way .
His actions with the firearm caused harm or death.

With that said...
Getting a large cash amount from suing most criminals ain't going to happen...
Could it be that greed and exploitation are at work here ? :rolleyes:
Andy

Last Edited:
That the law suit was even plausible, let alone sanctioned, should be enough to shame every American alive.
That it doesn't, should scare the crap out of you for any prospect for a morally right, and just future.

And the parents of every kid who rolled his brand new Mustang/Camaro/Charger trying to drift it like the car makers constantly show in their commercials. Are they lining up lawyers as we post here?
This is utter bullbubblegum and a very dangerous precedent. The insurance company that made this settlement just gave cause for all the other insurance companies to cut off gun manufacturers.
To this line of thinking...I can say with a high level of confidence that the Fast and Furious movie franchise was "responsible*" for the deaths of more from illegal street racing that have died in school shootings.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 804 people were killed in racing-related crashes between 2001 and 2006.
Fast and Furious was released in 2001.

Outrage on this? 0%.

*Note: I don't really think the movie is responsible any more than Remington, as I believe people are responsible for actions, not inanimate objects. Influenced? Sure, but we are all influenced by dozens of things each day; ultimately, we get to decide how we are affected.

Very true from a strictly legal perspective .

Unfortunately, this society focuses on the results of the court of public opinion. And now that big money is going out , others will feel entitled to compensation as well. Had this settlement been reached with the addition of a simple NDA , then the news wouldn't be flogging it in the street.
Very true BUT This settlement is not case law to be cited in the next breech of PLCAA lawsuit. Very important in the courtroom

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top