JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just at Fisherman's and saw what looked like an 870 crossed with a 590...so I asked to see it. It was an 870 in fact, a "Tactical" (lol). Remington changed the HD 870 mag tubes to be one piece, with the barrel lug at the very end, like a 590. The plastic trigger guard also had "Remington" molded into it. The gun felt really light and cheap, the finish was junk too. So now, your hunting barrel can't just be swapped onto your HD gun...WTF Remington? After looking at the quality of their new guns, I'll never buy a new one again. Wouldn't surprise me if their next change is shipping production to China...

Strange thing happen when Bean Counters control the company. Right now they are thinking " Tacticool sells ". Look at the failure they have had so far trying to produce Marlin lever actions that function.

Strange thing happen when Bean Counters control the company. Right now they are thinking " Tacticool sells ". Look at the failure they have had so far trying to produce Marlin lever actions that function.

The bean counter comment is very true. There are the high end firearm makers that target the experienced gun owner. Then there are those that target the masses, or those who do not have the experience to recognize quality, or lack thereof. It looks cool and the clerk at the store said it was a good gun so I bought it. These makers know there may be another mass of inexperienced buyers shopping come election time so they are going to gear up for it. They all ran out of guns after the last election. So if you want a new gun, or are in need of ammo, don't wait until November to buy it or you will end up paying a premium.

And I bought my Marlin 1984css in 357 before Remington took over.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews