JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They were broken up and sold off. Glad to hear they're ammo is back though. Might help take the pressure off the manufactures so I can get some. Really wonder where they're getting their primers and powder at...

The Remington Ammo factory supposedly was back up and running end of Feb. I never cared for their ammo because I didn't like their brass but hopefully they can sell some primers for us reloaders.

I do like the thunderbolt .22 ammo. I know a lot of people don't, but the slippery coating makes it run well in everything we have, and it's plenty accurate compared to CCI.

The Remington Ammo factory supposedly was back up and running end of Feb. I never cared for their ammo because I didn't like their brass but hopefully they can sell some primers for us reloaders.

Not a fan all around. Never was. Some like the Coreloks and we used them when I was young with success. Still have half of the last box I bought in a pinch several years ago. Accuracy really sucked.

We always had Winchester, Savages and later on Rugers. Still don't even own a Remy shottie. Winchester, Mossbergs and Steven's. Would like to get some Browning stuff, but still no desire for a Remington anything.

Their trigger fiasco told me Dad's instincts were right about them all along. Some like em though and thats ok. It's not like the others are 100% perfect either.

Last Edited:
The ammo drought is over. I was at the local Wally and they had 2 boxes of Federal .270 Win., and 2 boxes of Federal .30-06 on the shelf. That was it of course, but still, FOUR boxes of CF ammo! No, I did not buy them, I'll let someone else do that.

Haven't seen any remington hitting shelves yet, but have been seeing quite a bit from Olin corp (Winchester/Browning), a "lot" of CCI and a handful of federal stuff too. Along with some other off-brand stuff. Prices are still too high for me on the most common calibers though.

Not a fan all around. Never was. Some like the Coreloks and we used them when I was young with success. Still have half of the last box I bought in a pinch several ago. Accuracy really sucked.

We always had Winchester, Savages and later on Rugers. Still don't even own a Remy shottie. Winchester, Mossbergs and Steven's. Would like to get some Browning stuff, but still no desire for a Remington anything.

Their trigger fiasco told me Dad's instincts were right about them all along. Some like em though and thats ok. It's not like the others are 100% perfect either.
Exactly how I feel.

Well I was never a huge fan of Remington ammo, in general, and despise Thunderdolts, but have a friend who swears they are the most accurate .22s in his Marlin autos, if you can overlook all the misfires, blown rims (in a few dozen different makes/models/types of guns, so no, it was not "one gun with bad headspace") and other problems. At the public range, I can always be sure of picking up a hand full or two of Rem .22s with firing-pin strikes on them, about 15-20 to 1 of other makes/brands. And that is why I was always leary of Rem ammo in general, if they can't make good .22s, what is the CF stuff like? Admittedly the Rem CF ammo always worked fine, but I never cared for it for reloading either, although if pinned down I would have a hard time coming up with a good, solid. answer. It is a bit soft though, usually anyway.

Not a fan of the 1100, tried several, but not a fan, love the 870 though, had a 700 BDL that was good, a friend swears by his 700 though. Very fond of the various bolt action .22s, the OLD 51 pistol, and a few others, but overall, other than the 870s, I really don't bother with the newer Rem guns.

Last Edited:
Well I was never a huge fan of Remington ammo, in general, and despise Thunderdolts, but have a friend who swears they are the most accurate .22s in his Marlin autos, if you can overlook all the misfires, blown rims (in a few dozen different makes/models/types of guns, so no it was not "one gun with bad headspace") and other problems. At the public range, I can always be sure of picking up a hand full or two of Rem .22s with firing-pin strikes on them, about 15-20 to 1 of other makes/brands. And that is why I was always leary of Rem ammo in general, if they can't make good .22s, what is the CF stuff like? Admittedly the Rem CF ammo always worked fine, but I never cared for it for reloading either, although if pinned down I would have a hard time coming up with a good, solid. answer. It is a bit soft though, usually anyway.
I am not a fan of the Thunderbolt either. You can give it to the real young kids for Christmas. They're happy to get it. Had some that I bought on sale a few years ago and thats what I ended up doing with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top