JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to own a Remington 870 Wingmaster, 12 ga but sold it. "Twas a wonderful shotgun. I am hoping for qualified opinions of this, with an 18" barrel, as a back up for our home defense. I no longer hunt so it probably would sit in the closet 'till Jesus comes back. But I want something to suppliment the Glocks. TIA.
Danny

The 870 is a excellent gun. But for home defense, you could look into a Mossberg. Cheaper, and just as reliable. Hell, just hit up some pawn shops, should be able to find something that is affordable. Especially, for something thats just gonna sit there. Uncle found a 10 gauge pump, no name goose gun that's scary accurate, for $100 at the store where Hwy 53 meets Hwy 26 in the coast range. The gas station that was in Kindergarten Cop.

I really like my 870 that I got a HD stock and barrel for...but I have use for the longer barrel and hunting too. If you don't, you might want to just trade for a dedicated HD gun. I love the 870 just because its everywhere.

I used to own a Remington 870 Wingmaster, 12 ga but sold it. "Twas a wonderful shotgun. I am hoping for qualified opinions of this, with an 18" barrel, as a back up for our home defense. I no longer hunt so it probably would sit in the closet 'till Jesus comes back. But I want something to suppliment the Glocks. TIA.
Danny

Excellent choice for home defense especially with the shorter barrel. I hope mine sits unused for a long time, but I'm glad it's there.

There's an 870 in my closet with an 18" slug barrel. The 28" vent rib comes out of the safe around September...I've had that shotty for about 30 years and it's never failed to operate with 100% reliability. The same cant be said for the loose scew behind the stock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top