JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SPF. Thanks for looking.

1. Remington factory synthetic stock was IMMEDIATELY took off from a 870 Express which I bought new. No scratch, no marks, no dings and complete with factory hardware. It is factory NEW condition. (I bought a Hogue 12" LOP replacing it)

2. The Fore-end is the Hogue Overmold fore-end. It is brand spanking new, NEVER been mounted. (I keep using the Remington fore-end instead)

3. Remington factory magazine follower. (It was replaced by the VANG COMP stainless steel as soon as I took the 870 home, so it is literally factory new)

Will consider trade for a Speedfeed birdhead pistol grip of equivalent condition.

870_stock_Hogue_forend1.jpg

Does anyone know it the furniture is different for the 870 Express and the 870 Wingmaster as to fit? Does anyone know if it is interchangeable?

I'm not talking about cosmetics - just if it will fit both?

Thanks.

To answer the question if stock from an Express model will fit Wingmaster, here's the answer from Remington's Support site. Hope this answers some of the concern (now I know for sure, too :s0155:)

<broken link removed>

The differences between the Model 870 Express and Wingmaster are mostly cosmetic. The Express utilizes a birch or laminate wood or synthetic stock and fore-end and non-polished matte finished metal surfaces. The Wingmaster has a walnut stock and fore-end and a high polished blued finish on metal surfaces. The Wingmaster models currently produced have a light contour barrel to lighten the weight of the firearm and for easier swinging.

Internal parts are the same on both models. Both are built to the same mechanical specifications. You can view our line of Model 870 shotguns by going to Products - Shotguns - 870 on our site.

If that is the truth, then they have either cheapened the Wingmaster, upgraded the Express, or some of each.

The last I looked the Express had a plastic trigger group. They still have a plastic housing and plastic trigger guard. The Wingmaster was all metal.

The Express had a clunkier two piece barrel. The Wingmaster had a sleek one piece. Maybe that's what the guy is really saying with "talking points."

I don't mind the rougher (blasted) finish on the Express as opposed to the polished finish on the Wingmaster. I don't mind the difference in grade of wood, or the plastic furniture.

Many Wingmaster police models are polished and parkerized. They are all polished AFAIK. The Express models are blasted rough and blued to save time and money. Yeah, that's just cosmetic. :s0131:

The point is, The Wingmaster and Winchester Defender are simply much nicer pieces but you pay for it.

$.02

Please, let's focus to this WTS/WTT classified thread.

I'm selling a stock which I immediately took off from a brand new 2009 production 870 Express (model 25077). Info from Remington site indicated that, provided that they are for the same gauge, gun stocks are interchangeable among 870 model series, such as Express (of course), Wingmaster, etc..

The Hogue fore-end is brand new, I bought a Hogue 12" LOP (set) for "870 series". I only put the Hogue stock to my 870 Express. I have never used this fore-end.

I am very grateful to receive interest from the Wingmaster owners. I have tried to answer questions by providing additional info for prospective buyers. I will continue to try my best to answer questions regarding the items I'm trying to sell, but please re-direct un-related comment to where they belong, such as Rifles and Shotguns discussion board.

Thanks again to everyone for looking and showing interest to this thread, please do feel free to post (or PM) any question you may have pertaining to the items in this WTS/WTT.

Please, let's focus to this WTS/WTT classified thread.

I'm selling a stock which I immediately took off from a brand new 2009 production 870 Express (model 25077). Info from Remington site indicated that, provided that they are for the same gauge, gun stocks are interchangeable among 870 model series, such as Express (of course), Wingmaster, etc..

The Hogue fore-end is brand new, I bought a Hogue 12" LOP (set) for "870 series". I only put the Hogue stock to my 870 Express. I have never used this fore-end.

I am very grateful to receive interest from the Wingmaster owners. I have tried to answer questions by providing additional info for prospective buyers. I will continue to try my best to answer questions regarding the items I'm trying to sell, but please re-direct un-related comment to where they belong, such as Rifles and Shotguns discussion board.

Thanks again to everyone for looking and showing interest to this thread, please do feel free to post (or PM) any question you may have pertaining to the items in this WTS/WTT.

Wow.

First, you are allowed to bump your own thread to the top only once per week. At the end of a week with no interest in your item, you'll find you're three or four pages down with few if any looking at your item.

Every post to your thread including this one, bumps your item to the top again. :s0155:

Most people WANT posts in their threads for that reason. Even a "PM sent" post is a FREE bump for you.

THIS post is a free bump for you. BTT = "back to top." :s0155:

I was getting ready to PM you that I want to buy your item if you'll mail it, after verifying that it fits my Wingmasters, but I do believe I've changed my mind. :s0155:

Sincerely I thank you for all the free bumps, Gunner. Thanks for looking and good luck shopping.

And to recap: price for everything in the pix: $45 shipped

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top