JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
I got Remington 870 Bone Collector Super Mag as a birthday present. I really like this gun, but today wile I was trying it at the range the slide stack a few times and took some afford to reload it, I'm not concerned yet, maybe it's a new gun and needs some more shooting or should I be worried? Also, it feels like the stock is a little short for me I'm 6' 1". Is it possible, without exchanging the whole stock, to add an extension between the stock and the recoil pad?
I'm new to shotguns so any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Vadim

The new 870's are not what they used to be. There not bad guns by any means. I own 2 and an 887. When new they take time to "break in" i read somewhere a guy was putting the action in a tub of motor oil and cycling the action for a few hours. Just shoot it!

The Remington 870 is the finest "affordable" pump available, mine have been very reliable. Few tips; get a SS mag. follower, lube up the action bars with lite grease, fire 200 rounds or so that should get things sliding nice, length of pull should be fine unless your built like a gorilla. After all this has been done carefully take action apart and look for wear patterns, might need to stone a burr or two. If you want to change the stock measure from receiver end to Butt pad, write down number, then see what's available. I have a beautiful TC grade English stock set I might sell- $200.00.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top