JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a used 870 Marine Magnum. It has the thumb hole stock with a cheek piece that prevents me from using the standard front bead. I kind of like the stock but I would be OK going back to a traditional one also. There is no rail or rib.

It has a tapped receiver so I can add a rail. Ideally I would like an adjustable rifle style rear sight and the accompanying elevated front. I already checked Brownells and Midway so does know of something like this or have a better idea/advice?

I would like to keep it "clean" which rules out a scope but a holo sight might be an option as a last resort.

check WIlson Combat, or Vang Comp.......I prefer Vang. Either way to get good GR sights on your 870 its going to cost you. Just the soldering of the front post is decent bucks.

<broken link removed>

Trak-Lock® Sights-Wilson Combat

if you want an optic check into th3e micro reflex style.....work good on shotguns and they aren't that intrusive. I had a PA micro reflex green dot that was great....but over the years I ended up whit a tritium front bead and have never looked back.

Prefer Vang Comp better too, and not too happy with the way WC "markets" their shotguns, but The Vang front sights are welded on and the Wilson sights are glued on. With the finish on your gun, but probably be better off using the glue-on sights.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top