Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington 870 Shotty... Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by iceman, May 11, 2012.

1. iceman

iceman OR/WA Member

I'm not sure that i should be sharing this with everyone. but its too cool not to. IMO.

I have a client that is a custom fab type company, that is currently working on a conversion kit for the Remington 870 Shotgun that will turn it into a 50cal rifle, field stripable....

Basically, the way i understand it from talking to the engineer, there will be a new barrel, short mag loader and firing system that will be easily changeable in the field to convert it to 50 cal rifle....

I don't know what you guys think, but i thought it was pretty cool and provided a new mod to a fairly inexpensive shotgun.

Ice

2. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

I think that would be really cool!!

3. beavernation

beavernation Canby Active Member

Pictures?........."a custom fab type company". It sounds like someone I know. That outta give a new meaning to "A Rem 870 home defense gun"!!!!!!!!!.....

4. iceman

iceman OR/WA Member

I wish i had or could get pictures. However i dont think that is possible, or if i would if i could... May ruin the whole client relationship thing....

But it does make me want to go out and get a REM 870.....

Yes, Home Defense gun / Take down a Helicopter/elephant gun....

5. Hammer_Man

Hammer_Man Hillsboro Member

Makes me glad I went with an 870 instead of a 590a1! I would definately be interested in a kit if they ever produced them.

6. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

What?!?!?!?! Definitely want, no, NEED one of those!

7. errackeleo

errackeleo None Member

This reinforces my last post on why a shotgun would be the best gun if you could only have one gun.

8. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I would buy one. Assuming of course that the kit did not cost 3x the gun itself. The $500-600 range would make me a buyer in a heartbeat. Kip.

9. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Would probably require a differently designed bolt assembly, I dunno if that bolt carrier would be up for that kind of recoil. Sounds cool though!

10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Will it come with a gift certificate for a Chiroprator to move your shoulder blade back from the middle of your spine to where it belongs after you touch it off?

11. Ownerus

Ownerus South Clackamas Co. Active Member

Sounds like everyone is assuming .50 BMG. Is it? Or is it one of the other .50 cal ctgs? Just going from memory, I'm thinking the OD of a .50 BMG barrel is larger than the thickness of an 870 receiver. That and the buttstock (especially in wood) seems inadequate for .50 BMG. One of the smaller .50 cal cartridges would make more sense seems to me. Just wondering.

12. BillyDa59

BillyDa59 King County, WA Member

That's what I was thinking. Seems like you'd need an entire new receiver just to be able to load a .50 BMG cartridge into an 870. The cartridge is, what, 120mm long? Maybe this is for .500 S&W?