JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure that i should be sharing this with everyone. but its too cool not to. IMO.

I have a client that is a custom fab type company, that is currently working on a conversion kit for the Remington 870 Shotgun that will turn it into a 50cal rifle, field stripable....

Basically, the way i understand it from talking to the engineer, there will be a new barrel, short mag loader and firing system that will be easily changeable in the field to convert it to 50 cal rifle....

I don't know what you guys think, but i thought it was pretty cool and provided a new mod to a fairly inexpensive shotgun.

Ice

I wish i had or could get pictures. However i dont think that is possible, or if i would if i could... May ruin the whole client relationship thing....

But it does make me want to go out and get a REM 870.....

Yes, Home Defense gun / Take down a Helicopter/elephant gun....

Sounds like everyone is assuming .50 BMG. Is it? Or is it one of the other .50 cal ctgs? Just going from memory, I'm thinking the OD of a .50 BMG barrel is larger than the thickness of an 870 receiver. That and the buttstock (especially in wood) seems inadequate for .50 BMG. One of the smaller .50 cal cartridges would make more sense seems to me. Just wondering.

Sounds like everyone is assuming .50 BMG. Is it? Or is it one of the other .50 cal ctgs? Just going from memory, I'm thinking the OD of a .50 BMG barrel is larger than the thickness of an 870 receiver. That and the buttstock (especially in wood) seems inadequate for .50 BMG. One of the smaller .50 cal cartridges would make more sense seems to me. Just wondering.

That's what I was thinking. Seems like you'd need an entire new receiver just to be able to load a .50 BMG cartridge into an 870. The cartridge is, what, 120mm long? Maybe this is for .500 S&W?