JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
If you read my op, you will know I have both the original stock and pistol grip. Either way, it is definitely a shotgun and definitely legal.

Without the shoulder stock, it is NOT a shotgun per 18 USC 921(a)(5) which defines a shotgun: "The term "shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger."
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C44.txt

Now, we can argue all day long about what we think it is, but at the end of it all, the Federal government, in their wisdom (?) think otherwise.

Incorrect again... It depends on how the gun was manufactured. If it was manufactured and sold with a stock (even if it had a pistol grip in the box) it is a shotgun. As long as it is still 26 plus inches and has an 18 inch barrel, it is still considered a shotgun. If it was manufactured and sold originally with a pistol grip it falls under the category of both. Third box on the fed gun form (or both/other) amd has to be treated as a pistol (no sales under 21) This 870 was sold with a stock originally and is and was registered as a shotgun. The pistol grip mod has nothing to do with it's classification. The ATF has lots of info on this subject.

I agree with Pocket.... Doesnt HAVE to have a proper butt-stock to be a shotty. I think remington even sells them new with pistol grips.

Anyways....Im still sort of interested in this baby. How long have you owned it?

It has nothing to do with how I sell it to you as long as it is 26 plus inches with an 18 plus inch barrel. It has to do with original manufacturing and dealer sales.

Man Im soooooo sorry to stir up the hornets nest!! LOL Tomato Toma'to. But I believe ur right an AOW is like 12 inch or something completely crazy. Sorry about the stupid question!!! My fault. I just saw an AOW at the gunstore for 650 and thought if this was the same thing then It would be a steal of a deal!! Thanks for the info either way. *as i walk away with my dumb question*....

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.